1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Track free WP blog & website as 1 site?

***I realize this may be a rudimentary question but I genuinely cannot find any guidance anywhere! Can someone please remove my brain-block?***

I have a client that unfortunately, just had a new website created by a design that had no SEO skills. Now, we have a blog on WordPress.com that is being fed into her new website - 2 different urls (one starts with her website and ends with wordpress dot com, the other of course is just her website).

I have been working on her SEO from all aspects and cannot find any instruction or reference to trying to track these two sites with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools as one site. Has anyone ever had an issue like this? What is the best way to set up this Analytics Tracking? I want to be able to see if people who click on blog post links originating on Facebook eventually end up clicking over to her website.

Thanks!
    Last edited by blondie53185; Oct 29th, 2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: More explanation of question
  3. No Profile Picture

Argggg - figured it out!

Just discovered that you cannot install Google Analytics on the free Wordpress.com blogging site. My bad . . .
  5. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by blondie53185
    Just discovered that you cannot install Google Analytics on the free Wordpress.com blogging site. My bad . . .
    For seo purposes you'd be far better off building the wordpress site on her domain anyway... Why not upload it to www.herdomain.com/blog (or blog.herdomain.com); that way you have independance from Wordpress and you can upload analytics to both.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  7. No Profile Picture

I get it - client doesn't

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    For seo purposes you'd be far better off building the wordpress site on her domain anyway... Why not upload it to ; that way you have independance from Wordpress and you can upload analytics to both.
    Thanks for the words of wisdom! I totally get it but the client doesn't understand how important SEO is. She thinks a pretty site trumps meaty content and SEO best practices.