1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile Web Community Script Reviews

Hi all,

I want to start my own MySpace-like site and have researched various scripts and software on the net. I'd like to hear any feedback on scripts any of you have used and liked and that you have experience good support for. There are so many mixed reviews out there and I want to make a good decision. I don't mind paying for the script because I intend to set up different membership levels from free to paid. Furthermore, if the script runs relatively smooth and is easy to customize, then it's worth the money (at least I think so).

I'm currently looking at Alstrasoft E-friends or Our Space. Have any of you had any experience with any of these?

I saw PHPFox advertised a lot but read too many mixed reviews that the code is buggy and support is lacking.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me!

Q
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Why not go for the barnraiser script which is free for use.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi
    I have the same intensions!
    Try www.gpldate.com
    Their script is pretty extensive. Members can edit and alter their profiles, upload photos, music and video.

Trouble is that most of it is in a kind of beta mode... I have had problems with the search function.

The support is slow, but pretty good! Although there seems to be just one guy serving all enquiries.

Good luck and let me know how you get on with the other scripts.
  7. No Profile Picture

Found this one

Well i found this (URL address blocked: See forum rules) on google, seems rather elaborate. I know a site (URL address blocked: See forum rules) that has 500000 users that is run by abledating.

And they are preparing a myspace-like design, look their forum

So gonna be what you need :-)
  9. No Profile Picture

<snip>

About <snip>
    After a long way of trying and searching many software i finally found the software that met all my expectations and necessary feautures to start a professional community.

The difference with the previous softwares was that <snip> was fully developed and its still being developed to make it better as it is. It adapts to new request of customers and the final users of the software (members).

I had several minor problems which where mostly related to my hosting company. I was able to contact any time, mostly on msn. I also love the ticket system they have. I simply open a ticket and able-soft takes care of it. Sometimes you dont get what you want, but they are honest and say the truth rather then waisting your time.

Its important for me to have a support where i can ask questions and more important to ask for advice!
    Last edited by JagNet; Nov 11th, 2007 at 04:38 AM. Reason: snippety snip snip
  11. Smoke me a kipper...
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

@ Bobino

So you just happened to stumble across this year old thread, and you were so impressed as a customer that you decided it would be worth registering on this forum and posting a glowing review of this fabulous software?
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JagNet
    @ Bobino

So you just happened to stumble across this year old thread, and you were so impressed as a customer that you decided it would be worth registering on this forum and posting a glowing review of this fabulous software?
    Its probably a spam post but why post a reply and not just report the post? Obviously whoever posted the spam isn't going to read what you wrote.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Quel
    Hi all,

I want to start my own MySpace-like site and have researched various scripts and software on the net. I'd like to hear any feedback on scripts any of you have used and liked and that you have experience good support for. There are so many mixed reviews out there and I want to make a good decision. I don't mind paying for the script because I intend to set up different membership levels from free to paid. Furthermore, if the script runs relatively smooth and is easy to customize, then it's worth the money (at least I think so).

I'm currently looking at Alstrasoft E-friends or Our Space. Have any of you had any experience with any of these?

I saw PHPFox advertised a lot but read too many mixed reviews that the code is buggy and support is lacking.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me!

Q
    "Handshakes Pro" - is an option
    "Dolphin" from Boonex
    or you can try "Community Builder" for Joomla (GPL)
  17. No Profile Picture

I didn’t have any trouble installing Dolphin…. My issue now is figuring out how to actually get a decent site setup, configured and working. I can’t seem to get Orca to work with it, and the admin panel for Dolphin seems to be hard to use and buggy…I am disappointed.
  19. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I see no value to this post... the OP dropped his cargo and ran, it has been over a year, I doubt he will be back.

Locking
    -DON’T BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!