1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SpyderTrax Working on PHP Pages

Hi,

From what I've been able to gather, I can't use spydertrax on a php page/site. Well, let's say this, using the include line on a php page isn't generating me any hits on the spyderview

The line of code and link the program installs does show up on the page (it's installed on the footer and it does show up). However, I go to check the spyderview and all se's come up as zero's. When I check the logs in the control panel of the site, the hits are there. They're just not being recorded in spyderview from what I can tell.

Now, I got the line of code to show up using this:

<?php include ('http://www.watertownweb.net/cgi-bin/spydertrax.pl'); ?>
    seems it's the only way I can get the script installed on a php page w/o any errors. No other variation of the include line works. I either get error msgs or the entire script shows up on the page. However, no hits are generated in spyderview.

Does anyone know how I can get this to work on a php page/footer?

Thanks!
    Deb
    Last edited by Darrin Ward; Feb 28th, 2004 at 02:21 PM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

i will have this re-written for php sites. i will send it to Darrin and he can post it if he likes. I just need some time to have it done.

It wont be as fancy, it will store the data in a mysql db. Since that is the best type of reporting, there is no need for us to build other php reports.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

That would be great! Someone pointed me to GOOGLESTATS and I don't need all that stuff it gives you, I can get that in my control panel. I just love getting just what spyderview gives me, that's all I need, so "nothing fancy" is perfect long as it give the kind of results that spydertrax gives now I'll be tickled, thanks!

Deb