1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Rounded corners not working in IE

I am working on wordpress theme. Many websites and especially wordpress using rounded corners and I also want to use them, making my boxes look like this: illbequirky.com. The problem is it doesn't work in IE. Can anyone suggest me what should I do?
  3. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

This is a know issue with IE, there are a lot of solutions on Google, but i know the old trick was to make a background image with the rounded corners and a transparent area next to it so the box appears to have rounded corners.
    Fortunately IE9 + rounded corners do work, just we will have to wait until 7 and 8 become extinct....

IE Sucks....
    Last edited by ChillDot; Dec 19th, 2012 at 03:41 AM.
    If you are new to SEO please read these, On-Page Optimisation and Meta data before asking questions.

Or if you would just like to view my website: http://www.cwhittaker.com, State SEOCHAT for 10% off custom websites
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

As noted above, IE sucks and is possible the worst browser to work with (I still don't like IE9 and don't think I ever will like IE after all the ****ty old versions we have had to work with).

This link CSS Rounded Corners - border-radius has a number of good options for you, but which one you use would depend on what your trying to do and how you want to do it (css, images, java etc)?

Personally I would use curved-corner - CSS curved corner - Google Project Hosting and simply place this code where you need the rounded corners:
    Code:
    .rounded-corners {
        behavior: url(/css/border-radius.htc);
        border-radius: 20px;
    }
    Here's another link I found from a simple google for "rounded corners in IE" CSS Rounded Corners In All Browsers (With No Images) | Jon Raasch's Blog it has some more info on the curved corner script for IE.

P.S. This is only a fix for IE, so you will still need to keep your same CSS code for other browsers as explained in the above link.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Round corners are CSS3 properties that are not supported by versions below IE8. The only way this can be achieved is by making use of an image with rounded corners.