1. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

html compressor?

Hello gang

I've got a question: What is your opinion on using an automated compressor to discard unnecessary html on a site that I'm building for an affiliate program. I am new to the game, so what I've done is copy and change the actual website of a company I've signed up with (I was given permission to do so). I am now optimizing it (getting rid of a lot of java script, gif's etc... changing the nav. bar to text, re-writing all of the info so it is not a mirror site.....) . I bumped into this website that will compress the html for me. The link is just below. I am a little skeptical yet interested in trying it out. Any impute on the subject would be appreciated, and I will hold off on compressing my site until I get a response. Thanks

http://www.siteannounce.com/tools/
    [Did you know that a significant portion of every web page is completely useless to search engine crawlers? This is especially true with pages that have complex layouts.

By removing formatting that search engine crawlers don't need, your pages can be crawled much more efficiently by ensuring that your textual content is much closer to the top of the page where the search engines prefer it to be. ]

Our HTML Compressor is FREE and easy to use.
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Andrew - I see no harm in giving it a try just to see what it actually does. Make sure you have a backup of you page first and then go ahead and see what changes it makes.

Gringo.