1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to add Sitemap.XML in wordpress

Hey

Can someone explain to me how to update a sitemap.xml in wordpress on my site? I have a screaming frog generated sitemap.xml that I want to upload but I don't know how to do it...? I don't want to use a plug-in, none of them are doing what I am requesting which is having an un-rendered version of my sitemap.xml displaying.

Thanks
  3. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by deadpebbley
    Hey

Can someone explain to me how to update a sitemap.xml in wordpress on my site? I have a screaming frog generated sitemap.xml that I want to upload but I don't know how to do it...? I don't want to use a plug-in, none of them are doing what I am requesting which is having an un-rendered version of my sitemap.xml displaying.

Thanks
    Why can't you FTP it? I use 'FileZilla Client' to do any uploading to my WordPress sites, mainly changes to my child theme's CSS.
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  5. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I did some searching and I found this: https://emrahgunduz.com/categories/d...t-any-plugins/
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

ASitemapisan XMLfilethat lists the URLs for a site. It allows webmasters to includeadditional information about each URL: when it was last updated, howoften it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLsin the site.Toadd a sitemaptoyour WordPresssite,first thing you need to do is install and activate WordPressSEOby Yoast plugin. By default, WordPressSEOdoes not enable XMLsitemap functionality,so you will have to turn it on. To do that go to SEO » XMLSitemaps andcheck the box to enable XMLsitemap functionality