Thread: H1 tag dilemma

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

H1 tag dilemma

I recently redesign my site to follow seo guidelines. I especially added H1 tags to every page on the site. Unfortunately, for the review pages (almost 600 of them) which are generated by a template I created, I could only apply the H1 tag to the whole record review not only the actual title of the review which I guess would make more sense. If I wanted to do that, I would need to do it manually on 600 pages... I'm just wondering if this could be a problem to have a whole section of text surrounded by H1 tags. To see what I mean, take a look at this example page :

sample review page

Thanks, kelly
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It would probably be worth it to do the 600 pages by hand. Since you're using Dreamweaver templates, you can create a new content region just for the review title itself and have it in H1 in the template.

You can also look at putting the reviews into a database and either writing them out as static pages, or use SE friendly dynamic pages like these forums do (I just asked in another forum section about how they're doing it).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo