1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Ranking Report - Worthwhile ?

Does anyone know "Google Ranking Report" from Axandra.com ?

What do you think about it?

It costs $40 and we are still undecided about purchasing it.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

hm, I interested in this report too. Did anyone tested a report like this?

Is it useful? Who are the best of making search-engines reports?
    Any suggestions for us?

Innuendo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It does sound really interesting. If anyone has used it before, please post!

-Josh
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by "Darrin Ward"

Interestingly, for a site that claims to know what it takes to get ranked number 1 on Google, they are not even ranked at present.
    This is a good reason to forget the idea to pay $40 8)
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I came across a ranking position & popularity report tool at this site:
    http://searchengine-tool.com/

Reports are fairly detailed and... its free :-)

Btw I have no connection with this site but it looks like it might be useful to some

Fred
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you may also want to check out top25web.com

Top25Web.com: Free Ranking Report

...works with Google, Inktomi, and AltaVista[/url]
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To me it looks like they have probably assembled popular information about ranking well in Google....packaged it nice and neat and put a safe sales price on it...

Now if I was selling something of this nature...I would want to first establish my crediblity by being able to "even" get ranked for the keyword phrase that represents the product..in this case..."google ranking report"

gee whiz...guess what folks....you don't see any mention of axandra.com until page 15 position 151 (I have my defaults currently set for 10 page serp returns)...(NOTE: They could be running alternate focus sites that feed into Axandra.com...but I don't have the time or inclination right now to check each one)...and it's for their axandra.org site....nothing wrong with distributing your assest via multiple domains and carefully crafted and targeted keyword and link strategies...but gee whiz....if you can't produce it for yourself how can you expect people with seo experience to take it seriously...oh...this is for the uninformed and maybe not so initiated...that explains the spammy email campaigns...

now when you go to their .org site they have now when you read this the page /news/newsletter.html...you see that they have tried to establish credibility by assembling a bunch of quoted interviews from other sites (nothing wrong with this because it's a common way to distribute knowledge online)....and then plug the "google ranking report"...

now when you click on this link you find that it leads you to their "lite product" version named IBP and you quickly find out that they may be using automated search results queries aimed at Google...ooops...this violates one of google's main tos statements...

Okay...I am done ranting here...sorry for the tone ops: ...I am buried under work and perhaps a little frustrated....back to work...thanks for listening ... send me an invoice...

decaff
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Don't waste your time on ranking reports in my opinion. There is so much fluff and junk in those alot of time. Sometimes there is good info. Most of time I found I was sorting through bad techniques to get to the good ones.
    If you want to learn how to get top rankings in Google. Go to the Google website read about Google, Read the Google PageRank quide which I found to be very helpful, written by supportforms.org. Learn from all the brilliant people on this forum. It is a wealth of knowlegde here.

Additionally, I never valued the Corey Rudl report and ebooks either. His site is not ranked by Google, and most of the info you could find in an afternoon searching the Web.
    For some added fun, go to the Corey Rudl site and chat with one of the online help people there. LOL. They will try to sell you everything except the kitchen sink...." Sir, you need to buy this, and this and this..to be successful...and remember you can become one of Corey Rudl's protege!!!"

I think the guy is brilliant in business, but the make us money by shoving you more info then your need is not my opinion a good start.

Just some random opinions. Enjoy!!

Ben
  17. Contributing User

Originally posted by "domainsnow4u"

I came across a ranking position & popularity report tool at this site:
    http://searchengine-tool.com/
    Did anyone else notice that the previous visitor's email address is displayed in their free daily email analysis box? Privacy concern there.

Great tool. I now rank #1 on Netscape and Google for my primary term. Totally invisible on the others. Work to do...

- Ash
    http://crm911.com
  19. Contributing User

I own the following script but I had to limit it's use because of some VERY serious resource consumption. Popularity does have a price

http://www.donerightscripts.com/cgi-bin/demos/seranker/seranker.cgi

It's quite fast and very good. Regularly updated which is a 5 second procedure. However, it worries me that my IP keeps pounding G and others.

You will need to hack "semod.cgi" if you wish to remove engines to lower resource consumption. It's template based and you can remove the email field if you wish. I have no connection with the author or site.

Can't one of you talented GEEKS write something using the "Soap" API so up to 1000 searches a day would be OK? Given this, I'm not 100% clear on the TOS for this kind of tool but I would be willing to pay $ if you can require signup and only send reports via email which I can edit PM me if thisd makes sence.
  21. Contributing User

Originally posted by "Steve_S"

I own the following script but I had to limit it's use because of some VERY serious resource consumption. Popularity does have a price

http://www.donerightscripts.com/cgi-bin/demos/seranker/seranker.cgi

It's quite fast and very good.
    I assume you bought a copy from the writers. It is fast and good - very reminiscent of an early Web Mechanic or similar tool. But I found that its ranking is slightly off. For engines where I rank #1 (Google and Netscape), it says I am #3 and vice versa (Excite web, where I am #3). That is still good but if you are a professional SEO (I am not), it would not be a good one to show a client.
  23. Contributing User

Ash,

Holly mouse! Correct you are. Some of the rankings are innacurate. Yep...I purchased it and will let the developer know about the issue.

Back to the drawing board.