1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Form email "How to create one"

How do I create an email that is a form for customers to order a product? I want to create a hyperlink to an email that will be a created form on the email that will allow a customer to fill in the order info and send the email back to me. Is this possible? I know a form can be created on the web site and the info forwarded to me via email, but I want the email to have the form. It will be just one or two lines with a yes or no answer on the email, nothing fancy.
  3. Chennai
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

SEO is not SPAM Matt Cutts
  5. Protecting wit's mice
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It is possible but it highly depends on the emailing software you are using. Easiest way would be to post your reply email to something like an online formprocessor. I know of a standard feature for Outlook but I couldn't find any reference.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jammer
    It is possible but it highly depends on the emailing software you are using. Easiest way would be to post your reply email to something like an online formprocessor. I know of a standard feature for Outlook but I couldn't find any reference.
    I'm using thunderbird email program.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Why would you want to do this?? In my experiences keeping it simple always works best. Ever wonder why all shopping carts act the same, have the same checkout process, use the same terminology, etc? It's not because they all had the same idea at the same exact time and it's just a big coincidence. It's because users look for specific things and are comfortable/used to the same process. It's all about usability. Nothing iritates me more than an onorthox shopping cart. Boils my blood when I know I've ordered plenty of things before but for some reason this particular cart wants my blood type, mother's maiden name and haircolor.

Just keep it simple. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid - btw not calling you stupid it's terminology) applies well for any type of ecommerce site and applications. Look at Google's homepage ;P

Also sending out forms and mucking up the entire process always causes issues. For example how do you know that the user's anti spyware or mail provider wont flag the email as SPAM or as a malicious email (because of the scripting codes) Most do. So than you'll have to deal with people saying "I never got the email!?! I asked for it 4 times already, I'm going somewhere else!" Bet you most of those will be from AOL, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail users (they rip emails to shreds)

Just think out the process and try having as few steps as possible. Ohhhhh also spam both would have a field day with an email link ;P
    -PK
  11. SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hes right, keep it the same. Most online users have ordered from shops before and are used to how all other carts work.
  13. Protecting wit's mice

Originally Posted by pk_synths
    Just keep it simple. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid - btw not calling you stupid it's terminology) applies well for any type of ecommerce site and applications. Look at Google's homepage ;P
    I use these form things for targetted email enqueries. They are very usefull and it makes much more sense if users just can hit the reply button and toggle some boxes then redirecting them to a website first. It's not spam, just as you said, keep it simple ;-)

@thesarge:
    I am sorry, not familiar with Thunderbird but I am quite sure it is possible.
  15. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)
    i THINK YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS THE WRONG WAY.

I think he means rather than having a web page online with an email adress for people to contact him, he wants a form to mail.

Am i right in thinking that you want people on your website to fill out a short form which will then go into yout mailbox for you to read?

http://www.dtheatre.com/scripts/formmail

I am thinking that people read your question wrong.

Comments on this post

• fuzzlepop agrees : Thought he meant that but I decided to go with the flow!
    • Jammer agrees : thnx for the link
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by mick.sawyer
    i THINK YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS THE WRONG WAY.

I think he means rather than having a web page online with an email adress for people to contact him, he wants a form to mail.

Am i right in thinking that you want people on your website to fill out a short form which will then go into yout mailbox for you to read?

http://www.dtheatre.com/scripts/formmail

I am thinking that people read your question wrong.
    You hit the nail right on the head....THANKS
  19. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)
    Let me know if you use the jacks form amail and have problems setting it up.
    i may be able to offer a bit of help.
  21. Protecting wit's mice

That's what I meant. Thanks for the link though, I can use this too