1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

External link check script

Start off saying im not very knowledgeable about SEO im just going to school for computer science so my brother is asking me to make a program for him :p. Wondering if anyone knows the simplest way to check the number of external links on a site. for example this website (linkvendor) will check it. im assuming its just using a simple script so I was wondering if anyone knew of one? possibly just a command line you could use? I have no idea, simply looking for the simplest way that isnt a website. thanks for any info on the matter!
  3. No Profile Picture

backlink crawler

Hi zocheyado, I also was wondering how is this possible to create backlink crawler. I asked few programmers and they told me that is not an easy process to create it, but I assume there is suppose to be the way to make it. If you will find out the way please share it here.
  5. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by user333
    Hi zocheyado, I also was wondering how is this possible to create backlink crawler. I asked few programmers and they told me that is not an easy process to create it, but I assume there is suppose to be the way to make it. If you will find out the way please share it here.
    zocheyado hasn't been back since the day after he posted this (February 2012), so it's unlikely he will reply; but since you asked (and incase anyone else comes looking for the answer:

Well... He wasn't asking about getting a backlink list, he was asking about checking external links on a site (to me that means external links from a site)

The backlink checker you are asking about is a common tool... as mentioned by biotinforte you could check backlinkwatch.com

Originally Posted by biotinforte
    check this site wwwdotbacklinkwatchdotcom
    remove dot word in link
    I don't think he was asking about checking backlinks

Originally Posted by zocheyado
    Wondering if anyone knows the simplest way to check the number of external links on a site.
    There are a number of ways, but the tool you're asking about already exists... Xenu Linksleuth is designed to check for broken links, but also lists & quantifies all external links.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi ClickyB, with all do respect I think you wrong.
    The links on the site called outbound links or OBL, external links it is links that suppose to be off your site, and in other words called backlinks. So I think I got him correct.

What about backlinkwatcher, it is one of the worst tools existed, slow, irrelevant, old.

There is few good tools it usually not free, that why I was wondering is there any algorithm to make my own tool, but easy way.

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    zocheyado hasn't been back since the day after he posted this (February 2012), so it's unlikely he will reply; but since you asked (and incase anyone else comes looking for the answer:

Well... He wasn't asking about getting a backlink list, he was asking about checking external links on a site (to me that means external links from a site)

The backlink checker you are asking about is a common tool... as mentioned by biotinforte you could check backlinkwatch.com

I don't think he was asking about checking backlinks

There are a number of ways, but the tool you're asking about already exists... Xenu Linksleuth is designed to check for broken links, but also lists & quantifies all external links.