1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Designing for conversions

I am in the process of overhauling my site and before I get into the nitty gritty I am interested in learning about design elements or techniques you use in your site specifically for helping to convert (getting visitors contact info). I am not talking about extroverted type of things like contact forms or landing pages, but perhaps how you designed a contact form, landing page, or header, etc...

My site is for a local business with a service area
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

1. Place Call-to-Actions on all pages

2. Keep Call-to-Actions above the fold.
  5. justificational oblivion
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

that is a really loaded question with no info about what type of business you are, lol... beyond the call to action items mentioned in the post about, you want to think about your pages in a couple ways.

A) look at template individually, is there a clear primary task? Does the page convey trust to people landing on it? Do you have a clear message for the user above the fold?

B) look at the cross page experience, are there clear steps for executing a lead user task across the pages?

Those recommendations are vacuous though without talking about outcomes....before you diving into how to improve the convertability of pages, you need to define clear Key Performance Indicators that reflect your business objectives for the site and you need to design the site to meet those KPI's....one mistake a lot of designers/devs make is jumping into a design assuming these things to be obvious and not going to the whole metric distillation process that should occur or be revisited at this stage....

good luck with your redesign!
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"