1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Talking SEO with hot cup of TEA

How many of you guys think SEO as Compulsary Subject (like general knowledge) Should be mandatory in Schools, Colleges, and Universities.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The best SEO strategy is to "ignore it" and focus purely on satisfying a market's demand.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ha I don't think SEO should be a mandatory subject in school. lol Marketing on the other hand... maybe?

Any reason why it should be?
  7. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    SEO is a minor subset of marketing & sales. Those involved in only SEO believe that SEO is the center of the universe... It is not.
  9. No Profile Picture

I think teaching children to correctly use Google is important, although I'm not sure about SEO. It's quite surprising just how many people cannot search efficiently.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I hope not. But I think this would be best for those courses in marketing and advertising since it can be done on both offline and online.
  13. SEO Since 97

Can't be taught is schools...2+2 will always be 4 where as seo is constantly changing.
  15. Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Can't be taught is schools...2+2 will always be 4 where as seo is constantly changing.
    By that reasoning they can't teach psychology since there's always new research and it too is always changing.

I don't think it's important to teach SEO properly as much as it is important to teach marketing properly.

Comments on this post

• KarnRawat agrees : hmm
  17. GoogleCertifiedAdwordsPro

Agree with GabrielG...proper marketing and how to generate revenue with that can be taught in schools.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just because it is changing doesn't mean it can't be taught. However it is only a subset of marketing and most people don't think about it much.
  21. No Profile Picture

I second those who think that we should teach kids to use web search and to filter out 'bad' sites from 'good' sites.
  23. Contributing User

What are you even talking about people? Are you really that lost in your world that you do not realize what is happening with young generations? Young kids, 4, 5 years old forced to wear glasses just because they spent their entire infancy in front of a computer. Parents who give their kids tablets so they can avoid responsibility of raising said children. How is that even socially viable? Do you want to live in a country of blind people? And you want to force them to have additional classes that will bound them to a computer? And then you wonder why there are guys I their 30s who never scored with a girl. I will tell you why. Its because they do not have basic social skills. I never needed SEO or Google instructions or classes and yet, I always managed to find the necessary stuff. In that sense, why don't we teach our kids how to run, how to turn on the oven, how to vacuum their home (necessary life skills). I think they know far more about Google then I had back in the day. Not even economy should be mandatory knowledge, let alone SEO. Do not impose your choices on your children. It is nice that you like SEO but that is your preference, not theirs.
    Last edited by niksto82; Jan 26th, 2016 at 05:06 AM.
  25. Data Analysis+KW Research

There are so many subjects waiting in line to be added to school programs, and SEO is not even close the beginning of that line.

Let's start with teaching kids about finances and taxes.
  27. Contributing User

Originally Posted by KarnRawat
    How many of you guys think SEO as Compulsary Subject (like general knowledge) Should be mandatory in Schools, Colleges, and Universities.
    We are going a long way. I think they should teach basic economics in schools or at least basic skills on how to manage a budget.
    I don`t know what they are teaching in your country, but 10 years ago in high school I was learning pascal, YES...PASCAL, so to even think of SEO or any new technology to be taught in the schools of Romania would be a dream.
    We don`t even have sex education in school, we don`t learn how to do CPR but we do have religion classes that brainwash our kids, so as people said above me, there are so many subjects waiting in line that I don`t see SEO being taught in school in the near future. (damn I love the educational system from my country)

Comments on this post

• niksto82 agrees
    • fathom agrees
    HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo