1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Online ESL school?

Hi all

I got an idea lately. Since almost each and every business goes online these days, I was thinking of popularizing mine in the Web realm.

Now. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I'm an ESL teacher with some experience mentoring English all around Europe. Lately, I got a hankering to put my roots down in my home country (which is Poland) but the area I want to live in is a complete neck in the woods (that's what I was yearning for after living in Berlin or Rome!). Hence, no language schools at all (hard to find a grocery store...)

I have vast experience teaching English for franchises like (speak-up.com/). I also got to grips with the basics of online marketing/SEO - but I need to emphasize, these are true basics. Opening a school of yours is a totally different story.

Here comes a few questions:
    1. What CMS would you recommend for such an initiative? Would you rather go for a bespoke one or some open source version?
    2. Does it make sense to put any money in adwords etc? Or is it simply the natural traffic?
    3. Guest posting. Since I used to be a copywriter, this seems to be a great thing for me. However, I'm wondering if there's any linkjuice that guest posts have...

So many questions, not too many answers. Looking for your advice!
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by tom_konstantin
    Here comes a few questions:
    1. What CMS would you recommend for such an initiative? Would you rather go for a bespoke one or some open source version?
    Wordpress is your best source.

2. Does it make sense to put any money in adwords etc? Or is it simply the natural traffic?
    PPC has advantages you can get traffic the same day. You are best to hire a PPC management company since it will take you 4-6 weeks to get a good enough quality score to get superb positioning with less revenue. If you are not experienced in PPC it will cost a lot more guessing your way than the hiring fees.

3. Guest posting. Since I used to be a copywriter, this seems to be a great thing for me. However, I'm wondering if there's any linkjuice that guest posts have...
    While guest posting has merits of using others developed community for "outreach " most people instinctively believe the link from your article back to your domain is the outreach as the link might be DOFOLLOW. In fact, that link should be nofollow.

Outreach comes from you writing a topical theme and others writing and jumping on your bandwagon as add-on themes to your original idea and linking to you as the source.

If you are any good at planting a seed (an idea) that inspires others to run/write about that idea the place where your seed resides is the place that gets the links... not a link but all of them ... giving that away for the value of a single link is dumb, DUMB, DUMB! Whether that link to nofollow or dofollow... you gave away your distribution rights forever for the sake of traffic today and maybe a trickle tomorrow.

A while back this thread was about this very topic Getting quality backlinks
    Last edited by fathom; Jul 10th, 2015 at 08:07 PM.