Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

No rep points to give all the time

I've read this:
    Hello, new to forum, I want to know reputation, etc

But it doesn't explain why I never have any rep points to give. I understand that if you give one particular member rep too often then there is a kind of block on giving more rep for a while.

But I don't seem to be able to give anyone any rep points be they old hands or newbes ...

What is the working of the rep points system that I am missing ... ?
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  3. Editor-in-Chief

Interesting. Let me look into your account. You acrue them in a number of ways, such as posts, others awarding you them, and time on the forum. Maybe something is busted.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : Worked Here
  5. Contributing User

Appreciate that. I remember some time ago I tried to rep the same member twice in a row and that tripped something. But I can't remember the last time I was actually able to give anyone at all any points.

I've noticed I get more 0 points reps now as well ... but maybe that's just life ;)

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : Worked here
    • KernelPanic agrees : worked here also
  7. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Same here. I haven't been on the forum in ages. Yesterday I tried to give rep to a few people and I only had 0 points. Not that it matters to me much, but still it's something worth fixing if it's broken.
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you don't rep many people... that's your problem.

If the system has not changed then you have to give 11 different members rep before you can re-give rep to any of the previous 10.
  11. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Originally Posted by fathom
    If the system has not changed then you have to give 11 different members rep before you can re-give rep to any of the previous 10.
    If true, I challenge the average user here to find 10 posts from 10 different posters worthy of rep points over a few days. Hard to do. Our rep guns will likely always be empty.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  13. Agency SEO

It seems like sometimes I can rep some people some of the time but others none of the time.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'm an infrequent repper as I really have to want to give rep to do so. Guess I'll have to lower my standards if I actually want to 'add' to someones rep.
    Seems odd though, if you give rep lightly you get to give more rep. If you are very selective you can't. ** Shrugs **

** edit **
    BTW, before I get into trouble with anyone I'm not saying that anyone who can give rep only gives it lightly. I know that is not the case for all.

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees : Hehe you're SO getting into trouble ;-)
    Last edited by Kevin H; Apr 30th, 2014 at 05:44 AM.
  17. SEO Insultant

Looks like the admins and techs are trying different rep plugins and related stuff right now. Seems to be working from my end of things, but lessee how it pans out in the longer run.
  19. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

That seems to be the issue. In this thread I can give rep to some people, but not all. The people for whom I have 0 rep are ones I've probably repped in the past...although some of them may have been weeks or months ago. So, in order for me to be able to give them more rep, it looks like I have to find a bunch more new people to rep. That's a weird system.

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : Yup... You get zero points. I can give you more points in 2016.
  21. Editor-in-Chief

Haven't had a chance yet to look into this, but will try to get it today. Not sure if the settings got changed for some reason when we moved to the new servers or not. I'll let you know either way. If it isn't a weird setting thing, maybe we can chat about how to redefine the system so it makes more sense.
  23. Contributing User

It's definitely a change since the new design was launched although it didn't happen over night from what I remember. It just gradually got harder and harder to give anyone rep points.

I've just tried on this thread ...
    I can give rep points to: jamespayne, Dr.Marie, dzine, SEO_AM
    I can't give points to Kevin H (was it something you said ;)), Kernel Panic, fathom

I can only see the last 5 reputations given in CP so I can't see whan I last gave Kevin H, Kernal Panic or fathom any actual points.

On a side line the old system also said, in CP, how many points you had been given for each rep. The new one just has a green box (you got some points) or a grey one (you didn't!)

Personally I've always liked the SEOChat points system - it's better than a 'thanks' because it's a weighted agreement which increases your reputation based on who agrees with you....

PS - thanks to all who have given me rep points to test the system!
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The only person in this thread I can give points is jamespayne - maybe I've been more profligate than I thought - or I really have been sent to the 'bad corner'. ** Hangs head **
  27. Contributing User

Are things afoot?

In my reputation tab within CP it says how many points I've given with each rep comments and how many points I received from each rep comment. The only thing is it as far as incoming rep goes it always says 0 even when it's obviously not true .... ?
  29. Administrator
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Doodled,

The reputation tab within your CP should now be displaying the correct amount of reputation points received.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: