1. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Fathom has passed away

We received news today that Fathom has passed away.

As his avatar suggests, he was a giant of SEO Chat. Beneath his outwardly gruff personality he was extremely generous with his time, resources, and expertise. He will be missed.

Feel free to share any memories here. Our condolences to his family and close friends.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Very sad... Our community will never be the same
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I am anxious to listen to this. I was just discussing with Probudha in skyped and heard back from him on this.

Previously I got an opportunity from Rod to work with him, but I didn't work as I was working with other company. That was my bad

I liked this forum because Rod and EGOL were updating their insightful. So I believe this is huge loss for me and our community and as per my understand no one can fill this gap
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Very sad, he was a huge part of this forum! He had helped me out in a big way on several occasions.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Sorry to hear the Fathom has died

Originally Posted by markroberts
    We received news today that Fathom has passed away.

As his avatar suggests, he was a giant of SEO Chat. Beneath his outwardly gruff personality he was extremely generous with his time, resources, and expertise. He will be missed.

Feel free to share any memories here. Our condolences to his family and close friends.
    Fathom was indeed huge on SEO Chat and elsewhere. His insights were not always kind to me, but they were always honest and from the heart.

May others take inspiration and look at SEO as deeply as he did.

RIP.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sad news. He was great to have around.
    All your carpet needs try www.quality-carpets.com or if you have any questions www.carpet-questions.com
  13. Contributing User

Just seen this terribly sad news. Fathom gave me some great advice when I first joined this forum and, although I didn't converse with him much, I can tell from the comments of others just how respected he was. He will surely be a terrible loss to this community and others. Thoughts are with his family and friends.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Rod trained me in 2009. He made a big difference to how I thought and developed as an seo. I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I am very saddened by this news and send his family love for this difficult time X
  17. Data Analysis+KW Research

This is really sad, didn't know him personally but he was a very helpful guy.
  19. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by DixonJones
    May others take inspiration and look at SEO as deeply as he did.
    Agreed! In the course of 8 long yrs that I worked with him, he always told me to challenge every theory in SEO and never take anything at face value. He never hesitated to rubbish and discard any unsubstantiated claims, no matter who it was coming from.

The man lived and breathed SEO, was brilliant at tackling challenges and always thought out of the box.

SEOchat will always miss the deeply insightful and brutally honest advise doled out by Rod. He challenged others not because he was arrogant but more so because he wanted them to go beyond their thinking abilities and prove the theories based on practical experiments, not just once-a-time fluke.

His demise is a massive loss for the SEOchat community and I only hope that the members read and benefit from the thousands of insightful posts that he has left behind in this forum.

I will always regret not being able to meet him personally and thank him for everything that he has done for me.

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees
    Last edited by pro_seo; Apr 1st, 2016 at 12:23 PM.

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post