1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Duplicate Content Scammer

There is a new competitor in my area that is using a scammy technic to get placement in many cities. I thought Google was on top of this and penalized this behavior.

Basically they have about 150 pages that are the same body content with just different cities changed out and different page titles with each city.

Not to be a bad person but can this be reported in any way to Google?

Thanks
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Don't think so but I might be wrong, I've tried reporting a negative SEO scheme (old domain bought and sending spammy links to other websites) that aimed at SEO agencies that are able to rank in Google. There is a form for that (kind of).

No reply from Google. So I guess they won't care about it. May be participating in one of the hangout and beeing able to speak there (not naming the site obviously) might get you some internal response from Google but I not sure....

scammy technic to get placement in many cities
    In the facts there is no penalty for duplicate content. But maybe the site is ranking because it's new, if it performs worse in SERP then it might get back to the spot it deserves.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta