#1
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    59

    Question Twitter with a new look, copying facebook?


    Ok, so this is the new look of twitter, which is more likely to "facebook" timeline, but the question is why they(twitter) are doing this? In order to be more user friendly?
  2. #2
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    67
    Looks more like Google+
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    7
    Yes, I believe it is to make Twitter more user friendly. I believe they are attempting to make Twitter easier to pick up on for new users. There has been talk of doing away with the @ replys, but I haven't heard anything definite.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    I actually quite like it. I've already updated a few profiles.
  8. #5
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    235
    Probably to lower the bounce rate of people coming to specific profiles. It's well known that with social discovery traffic, images help draw visitors' attention and give the page a chance at persuading the visitor to stick around slightly longer.

    Comments on this post

    • PeterWilis agrees
  10. #6
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    59
    Originally Posted by GabrielG
    Probably to lower the bounce rate of people coming to specific profiles. It's well known that with social discovery traffic, images help draw visitors' attention and give the page a chance at persuading the visitor to stick around slightly longer.
    Thankyou for making it clear!
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    0
    They make it pretty so that people will stay and use their service preventing them to jump over.
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    I love the new twitter and its look, but i dont understand one thing.. Why do we need to post such a big twitter background pic? My background image is 1MB big, and it doesn't load in some of my friends browser.
  16. #9
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    59
    Originally Posted by GoranaSmith
    I love the new twitter and its look, but i dont understand one thing.. Why do we need to post such a big twitter background pic? My background image is 1MB big, and it doesn't load in some of my friends browser.
    you can reduce your pic's size by reducing pixels. Try Pixlr.
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    My question is - is it really because it draws more attention or is it just a trend? I mean Facebook is/was the king of social networks for some time and it imposed some solutions on us. But are they best out there? Or is it just a matter of habbit?
  20. #11
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    59
    Originally Posted by PeterWilis
    My question is - is it really because it draws more attention or is it just a trend? I mean Facebook is/was the king of social networks for some time and it imposed some solutions on us. But are they best out there? Or is it just a matter of habbit?
    I don't agree with you, facebook was never the king of the internet!
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    Anyways, good to see these modification in twitter

Similar Threads

  1. Twitter and Facebook
    By jamespayne in forum Suggestions & Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 4th, 2012, 09:41 AM
  2. Who is better facebook or twitter ?
    By Aman kumar in forum Social Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Nov 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo