1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How to increase natural genuine followers and keep away from fake people?

I have recently started social media marketing through twitter, I am using all trending keywords and #tags to increase my followers. I noticed that my followers' list keeps changing, People keep following and then unfollowing, I want to increase genuine followers as I am posting really a good stuff, Can anyone help me with this?
    Note: I obviously don't want to pay for anything.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Build a great moderation team.

While cheap is worth less free is only better because it cost nothing.

But genuine followers don't follow you because you want followers... There's the hint!
    Last edited by fathom; May 31st, 2015 at 03:10 PM.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Reweets. You must make a tweet that is worth retweeting. IMHO.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hey Yes Don,t Pay for Twitter Followers and here is the two tools which can help you to Increase your Twitter Follower and Engagement
    Tweepi will help you to follow Targeted Peoples and many Peoples will Follow you back and use Buffer to Increase your tweets Engagement by Scheduling your tweets.

Hope this will Help you.

Comments on this post

• CyberNext : I am beleving in doint it manually ..
  9. No Profile Picture

It might be that your content is too broad and people that choose to follow later see tweets that do not interest them. Another reason might be people who are following just to get you to follow them. Using more images help (there are cool free tools to easily build cool looking images for Twitter) as they highly improve the chances to be retweeted.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you share whatever you like, be it sports, movies, TV series. People with the same interests as yours would add you. This is based on my experience when I started following Castle. Most of my followers that time were from the Castle fandom. Also, if people notice that you retweet people's posts, they also would give you a follow. Most of them, I noticed, are in business, offline and online.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Those are great advices. I've been struggling with the same problem for couple of weeks now. I need real people to follow me, not fake profiles that offer weird stuff so to say.

I'm a business person and I thought that the best option would be to follow people who are only in the business. But maybe I should expand a little and also tweet about stuff that is not-business related, like movies for example.
  15. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by busra.atema
    But maybe I should expand a little and also tweet about stuff that is not-business related, like movies for example.
    Hm! Well, it depends I guess. I think if you're on social media as a person and not a brand, some general "life stuff" like movies and fun things is a good idea because it helps round you out as a person. Makes you look more human and approachable. But if you're a brand, it's my personal opinion that you should stay closely related to whatever the business is. So I imagine that there are some ways to make brands fun, too, but it should still be relevant. For example, Jeep could post to their branded accounts about the old Jurassic Park Jeep to tie in to Jurassic World. That way it's fun, but also related to their product.

Some other brands have built their accounts solely up on a "voice." Taco Bell's Twitter account, for example, is well known for this. Lots of people love it because it interacts with fans and has a sense of humor.

Sega, the video game company, has a great asset in its Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account. I actually only discovered this one a few weeks ago. It's pretty cool what they do - they have someone who really understands the Sonic fandom running the account. They retweet fan art and fan-made projects, reblog stuff, etc. They'll also answer almost any question - even some really weird ones that you wouldn't expect to be answered on social media. It's a little edgy, very unique, and it fits the "Sonic" character pretty well. But you'll also notice that they do a LOT of promotion about their tv shows and video games to their 171k followers, too!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Master

Tweet high quality! This is a great way to get others to want to follow you. Tweet about things that interest you and then hopefully others will follow as they find you interesting.
  19. No Profile Picture

I have been using Twitter for 1 year and have almost 5,000 followers, slowly building my following the old-fashioned way – with good tweets and re-tweets.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Master

If you use hashtags, you will get bots followers. There are tools that monitor trending accounts, follow you and send you an automated DM after your follow back.
    What I do is selectively follow back fake accounts. Usually, they unfollow automatically in few days. It is for moderation.

Then, to attract real followers, you need to stay consistent with your posts and stay on topic. It is better having 100 niche-connected followers than thousands of broad interests one; even if they are real. so, you need to stay on niche.

Build a professional profile. If you selectively follow people because you're real user; other real user will. Add picture, cover, bio and website.

Then, the best part is interaction. You'll need to start mentioning people even if you don't follow them; follow first; answer to mention and so on... You'll build trust and attract real users around you.

You can pick a special day to unfollow people who don't follow back but who are not brand you don't care if they don't follow you. Use tools for that.
  23. Contributing User

How many times you have participated in contests? I used to participate in cricket and football's post match message contest with a #hashtag of #NeverGiveUp normally 15 to 20 genuine users follows me that time, this is my experience with the followers. what's yours?

karan
  25. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Contests are interesting - I'm sure they present a large audience if they're popular enough.

I was part of a team that ran a social media contest once - I remember that we got some good retweet and fav numbers out of it. Plus lots of content contributed by followers that we could round up and make a blog post out of.