1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why are my posts being deleted?

Hi, I'm new here and for some reason, my posts are being deleted without any notice. Hope someone can enlighten me.
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

All posts for new users go into the new user section.
    In order for your posts to be taken seriously you need to ask proper questions and dont just use it for hoping to gain a link, avoid posting links and use things like mydomain dot com
    I have no idea if thats why your posts have been deleted but we get a lot of spam so moderates hit the remove button if the post looks remotely like its been posted just to gain a link
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I never shared any links since I started sharing ideas here days ago.
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hey there,

I reviewed your older posts (I get notifications for all posts made on the forums) and it was probably a combination of things:

1. Even without links, our automated filter can be overly sensitive towards new users. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2. A few of your posts appear to have been made just to say "I agree with so and so." Please use the "Give Rep" button to indicate agreement or disagreement with another user. You can leave a short comment with "Give Rep," too. Only make a new reply post if you have substantially more to add, if you have a new on-topic question, etc. This helps keep our threads clean and de-cluttered, and we often remove basic "thank you" or "I agree" posts if they seem unnecessary.

3. One of your new threads was a little too general. We like questions to be specific - asking "What are the best practices for X?" for example is a bit too general in my opinion. That's the kind of thing you could research in our archives or online first. A better question might be "I have read that X, Y, and Z are best practices for W process. I believe that only Y is worth my time. Here is why [blah blah]. Do you agree?" That kind of thing.

Again, I'm sorry for the inconveniences - but we do these things to improve the quality of discussion on SEO Chat. It's not personal, and I hope you don't take it that way. I understand that these "rules" are not well communicated here - it can be a process of trial and error to figure out how to fit in. If you have any questions about what to do though, feel free to PM me or email me at markr@imninjas.com and I'll try to respond as soon as I'm able.

You can also post a thread like this one, or make a new post in this thread.

Speaking of, I'm moving this thread to our "feedback and suggestions" forum, which we use to house a lot of our meta discussions.