Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Editor-in-Chief
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Welcome To the New SEO Chat

Hi,

Wanted to welcome everyone to the new and improved SEO Chat forums! We have upgraded the system to version 4.2 and add in some new functionality via plug-ins and custom add-ons.

Thanks go out to Charles and Jenny, and the Ninja team - Joe, Paul, Ann, Chris, and Brian And of course Jim Boykin for making it all happen.

If you notice any issues or have any suggestions, please feel free to post here or shoot me an email to james@developershed.com.

Thanks for the patience while we updated!

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : I like it! Great job Mr Ninja!
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Going to take some time to get used to the new forum.. it hurts my brain at the moment, I'm not a fan of change
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

7. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

IBP? It may be a bit slower for a bit while vBulletin builds up its search index. 4.2 is a bit slower than 3.x in general, but we're continuing to work on tweaking it where we can.
  9. SEO Since 97

IBP?? I was just on my way back to say never mind..it was something else...the timing was impeccable.

testing the edit button:
    Last edited by Test-ok; Dec 6th, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
  11. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Don't know if I like all of it... I do like some of it. It will take a few days... like a new pair of shoes or new car... takes some getting used to.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : Yea it's like teaching an old dog a new trick.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  13. Editor-in-Chief
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I think my favorite part is the inline moderation. When I saw it, it brought a tear to my eyes.
  15. CEO, but responsible to u
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thanks also to so many of you who contributed ideas over the last several months!
    This is just the first step...new vbulletin, new design....there's a few new features, few old features removed.
    We still have some more things we'll be working on, ie archiving older categories, writing the advertiser info page...I could go on and on...not to mention fixing all the "bugs" everyone finds....we're looking to update and add new tools as well soon...

Everyone should know that this project was a real group effort. This project took many months...we collected everyone's thoughts and ideas from the open community here....and we also had several discussions in the moderators area of seochat (sorry I couldn't talk about everything with everyone, but I felt that the admins and mods should represent the community)....then we came up with a beta version....and after several edits, the site was at the level where the admins and mods all said "Jim, it'll never be perfect, but publish it!"...so here it is...we have tried our best to give you what you wanted....I hope you are pleased.

Thank you everyone...members, admins and mods, devshed team in florida, ninjas in NY....I think you've done a great job!
    Welcome to SEO Chat, Optimized for 2013 and beyond!
    Jim Boykin
  17. CEO, but responsible to u

oh....and everyone should go in and add more information to their profile pages....you can now add your social buttons like mine here.
  19. SEO Since 97

There has to be a bar if were going social.

just a suggestion...Bugs
    Start a thread for member to post what bugs or problems their having. It'll help find bugs faster that you never ran into and it'll help others answering get alot more familiar with the interface.
    just a thought.
  21. Agency SEO

I like it. The old forum seemed always on the hairy edge of breaking, this just feels more stable. Plenty fast enough for me, definitely more modern looking, Thanks all who did the work while I sat around wondering when it was going to be done
  23. Contributing User

I really like the new look. I have 1 slight issue and it only appears to happen in Chrome (my browser of choice) and that is the back button doesn't work. I have to swipe my trackpad about 3/4 times for it to go back a page, swiping once just reloads the page I am on.

It is the beta version I am running (24.0.1312.36 beta). Anyone else using Chrome beta and see the problem?.

*edit*

This looks fixed today. Nice one if you did do something.
    Last edited by zico82; Dec 8th, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
  25. In the game since Jan '06
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

There are various improvements that I like. Still not 100% sold, but give me a few days and I'll be into it :-)...

I remember when the old version changed colour scheme a few years back - I remember a similar thread where people were moaning about the change.
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best
  27. Contributing User

Please change the damn serif font in the posts to sans-serif.

The look of the "new posts" page is good, makes reading the topics easier. The post typing area is also good, big letters make it easy to see what you are typing and make less typos lol.
    Other than this I need some time to get used to. Going to explore the functional changes later today.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I have a couple of suggestions for the CSS.
    .postbit .posthead,.postbitlegacy .posthead,.eventbit .eventhead{font:normal 100% 'Droid Sans',sans-serif;background:#29aae2;background:rgba(41,170,22 6,.60);clear:both;display:block;float:left;width:1 00%;color:#fff;margin:-1px -1px 0;padding:3px 0}
    .postbit .postrow{padding:10px 20px 20px}

Also a darker background or a 1px line down the edges of the posts would keep them seperated from each other better.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo