1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Use of Affiliate Links

Please note that inserting affiliate links into the body of a message is not allowed and they will be removed. This is a policy that is enforced uniformly for all sites and services. There has been an influx of hidden affiliate links lately and this post is to just remind all SEOChat posters of the current policy.

It is fully acceptable and encouraged for them to be placed in your signature as this is a reward for Contributing members. Also note that posts added merely to get people to click the affiliate link in your sig may be removed (These are hijack posts that have no intention of adding to the discussion)

I am hoping by posting this, there won't be any issues when repeat offenders get a warning

Cheers
    Last edited by Jasontnyc; May 6th, 2005 at 05:05 AM.
  3. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the general warning Jason, I was wondering which way this would be heading - heh

acceptable and encouraged
    I've adapted my sig to match this encouragement - LOL
    ...please help me w/ the real Redscowl Bluesingsky...how2 check backlinks...now postin' @ SEO Refugee ...
    <`)~ LOL now that I finally have a paypal account, I'm charging 19,- for SEO advice via PM. Seriously...
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Mods have always been removing affiliate links as they put the credibility of the thread into question. It was always new posters in the past though.

Unfortunately it seems members that are more "SEO" savvy are much better at hiding them. It was the removal of 6 affiliate links that prompted this just so there is no confusion.

Members like Sunnymonkey have asked to be made aware of the rules publicly before warnings are left so I am hoping to accomodate that.

(Mods may let it slide if its a table tennis affiliate )