1. No Profile Picture

Unable to edit my profile

I registered on this forum last week. Today i am trying to update my profile i received this message:
    "Delarno, you do not have permission to access this page."

Would someone help?
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello and welcome!

This is part of our anti-spam protection. User profiles begin as being restricted, but as you make more posts and receive reputation points from other users they will unlock step by step. I believe the first step is 10 good, approved posts.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    Hello and welcome!

This is part of our anti-spam protection. User profiles begin as being restricted, but as you make more posts and receive reputation points from other users they will unlock step by step. I believe the first step is 10 good, approved posts.
    I see. On some forums, I may wait up to 50 post before posting links.
    The reason is because it is a good idea to build the authority of a forum account
    before posting backlinks
  7. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Delarno
    I see. On some forums, I may wait up to 50 post before posting links.
    The reason is because it is a good idea to build the authority of a forum account
    before posting backlinks
    First, welcome to SEOChat!

I hope you're here to contribute and not to get signature links. Links here are 'nofollow' anyway and posting useless links will get you banned.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  9. No Profile Picture

This is a forum for people to comment, including asking questions. Because i asked a question you're standing as Mr. "Your
    Honor" to judge me. If i want to edit my profile does it automatically mean i am looking to "posting useless links"?
    As they say, people judge others based on their own life.
  11. Not An Expert

Please don't take offense. You have to understand that we really do get dozens and dozens of users every day who are looking to take advantage of the forum for their own purposes. As moderators, we have to be pro-active and open about how we deal with spammers. No one is saying that you are one.

But when you say something like your intention is to post backlinks...or that you're eager to get a forum signature for the links...that says to us that one of your goals here might be just to get a bunch of signature and post links. We're just being cautious and warning you that such actions won't fly with us.

If that's not your intention, then you can just ignore us because we clearly aren't talking about you
  13. No Profile Picture

Please don't take offense. You have to understand that we really do get dozens and dozens of users every day who are looking to take advantage of the forum for their own purposes. As moderators, we have to be pro-active and open about how we deal with spammers. No one is saying that you are one.

But when you say something like your intention is to post backlinks...or that you're eager to get a forum signature for the links...that says to us that one of your goals here might be just to get a bunch of signature and post links. We're just being cautious and warning you that such actions won't fly with us.

If that's not your intention, then you can just ignore us because we clearly aren't talking about you

I understand your point. I use two different emails for forums.
    At the beginning i usually use a vague email account (which i have for unsafe/less important sites)
    , and then another one for forums like.
    I Just wanted to update my info in order to bookmark/add this forum on my "like list".
  15. Not An Expert

Ahhh, I see. Send me an email at markr@imninjas.com. Let me know it's Delarno and you want to change your email address. Include the email address you want your account linked to in the body, and I can take care of it for you
  17. No Profile Picture

Ahhh, I see. Send me an email at markr@imninjas.com. Let me know it's Delarno and you want to change your email address. Include the email address you want your account linked to in the body, and I can take care of it for you
    Thank you!