1. Senior Member
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Twitter and Facebook

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have officially set up a new Facebook and Twitter page. We just started posting to it and are looking to get a little more participation, so if anyone is interested and wants to join in on the fun, you can find the pages here:

https://twitter.com/#!/devseochat

and

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SEO-Chat/
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Following them both

Just a quick update on the FB link http://www.facebook.com/pages/SEO-Chat/246881778746397 you have to keep the number bit until you got 30 likes I believe

Comments on this post

• jamespayne agrees
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Just curious....

What do you hope will happen on facebook that is so valuable that you are willing to give up content, activity and ad revenue that could be generated here?
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  7. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

What do you hope will happen on facebook that is so valuable that you are willing to give up content, activity and ad revenue that could be generated here?
    I was wondering the same thing. I don't understand the point of a forum having a facebook page. If I decide to comment and add content to the FB page then that means I am not writing that content here. I think a FB page works great for many websites that are wanting to stay connected with their customers, but I'm not so sure about a forum based website though.

Just a quick update on the FB link http://www.facebook.com/pages/SEO-Chat/246881778746397 you have to keep the number bit until you got 30 likes I believe
    I'm pretty sure that's changed now. You can change to a vanity url pretty much any time now.
  9. Senior Member
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

To me it is another avenue to grow the memberbase here. I have been inviting people to come back here and join in the conversations we have. I also invite people to post there because it helps make it easier to find us on Facebook. At the end of the day it's all about getting more people over here.

As an aside, any suggestions towards that end are always very welcome!
  11. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I can add one thing. My main site is a Q&A site. I debated on adding a FB page because people could ask me questions there and then I wouldn't get the content on my site. Now, if someone asks me a question on my FB page I direct them to my site for the answer. Or, if the answer is not on my site then I create a page with the answer on it and direct them there.

Comments on this post

• jamespayne agrees : Smart idea, I'll definitely do that.
  13. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

No Pinterest? Come on! I wanna share my favorite recipes for cooking Penguin.

Comments on this post

• jamespayne agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo