1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

A Title jk Posting problems

I tried to make a post in the Google Optimization forum, and after I finished typing
    and pressed submit, it went to another page and showed I was logged out. So I logged in,
    and thankfully had copied my post. I tried to post again, but it said I had to wait
    37 seconds because people could only post 91 seconds apart. When I finally posted, I
    did not see my post, even after control refresh. I'm worred just writing this post since
    I think I have to hurry before it logs me out again. Oh, and I must enter a title!
    Edit: I now see my post. The link I gave on the original post does not convert into a link
    without putting link tags around it. I removed them because the checkbox for 'automatically
    parse text links' was checked. Also, I don't know why this appeared, but underneath my post is:
    Last edited by dzine; Today at 04:06 PM. Reason: It's against the rules but there you have it: Y.A. misplaced site review request

Comments on this post

• nipun202 agrees : for details.. http://freelancinglearn.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by cogs10; Dec 20th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You have a valid point here (if not several):

The tick boxes
    [ ] Automatically parse links in text
    and
    [ ] Automatically retrieve titles from external links
    should both be unchecked by default.
  5. SEO Insultant

The reason why that comment is there though:
    - SEOChat officially doesn't allow site review requests from people with less than 30 posts
    - Site review requests should go in the appropriate subforum
    - You posted two identical threads, both of which were placed in the 'moderation queue' automatically because you used hyperlinks
    - Still, I left one, since I don't agree with the aforementioned 30-post rule. Other mods may still choose to nuke that one as well.
    Last edited by dzine; Dec 20th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture

I can't see my original post here, entitled, 'A Title jk Posting Problems'. I can, however, see your replies. The Google Optimization forum was my first choice because I believe it's Google that's interfering with my traffic. According to the post that I don't see, the reason I posted twice, is because there was a glitch that didn't allow me to see if my first post (in the GO forum) was completed, so I pasted my copied first post into another. I used a hyperlink, because other posts requested the person's web address to help them, so I entered mine, which didn't appear as a hyperlink anyway. Here's my opinion, fwiw: Lose all the convoluted rules for the forums such as post limits, post timing, inflexibility of where to post, and what posts to delete.
  9. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by cogs10
    IHere's my opinion, fwiw: Lose all the convoluted rules for the forums such as post limits, post timing, inflexibility of where to post, and what posts to delete.
    You want us to open up the flood gates for spammers to come and spam us even more then they already do?! Well that's not going to happen lol

Basically, these rules and limits are in place to help prevent spam on the forums because we (like most free open forums) get our fair share of spammers trying to post rubbish or spam links, which is why your posts where sent to the moderation queue rather then being visible straight away.

Did you not get a message saying that your post was in the moderation queue or anything?

For your link not being a live link, that's again likely to be because of the limits set in place to try and help prevent spam link drops.

The pause between posting, is again another rule/limit set in place to help prevent spam as we (like more forums) get some bots/people trying to spam multiple posts for links, so this is a must to help slow them down so not to clog up the forums and give us a little less work in clearing spam posts lol
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  11. No Profile Picture

NathanielB, thank you for giving me the information, and not flaming me... lol, my post was an end of the week, frustrated and stressed response that was not meant seriously, as I'm somewhat aware of the spam you must receive. So, it was basically more rhetorical junk that good moderators like you have to wade through. Next time I'll keep it to myself, and thank you for this informative forum.
  13. SEO Since 97

It's a sucky rule but it's needed, it stops legit sites that need a review because spammers would take advantage it. Many people who don't know anything about SEO may not have the time to make make 30 posts just to get their site reviewed, which is one reason we get so may unanswerable questions...What do I need to do? How can I get better results? What am I doing wrong? where we end up doing a site review anyway.

Spammers...there's always a group that messes thing up and makes doing what should be a simple task a PITA.