Great community. Great ideas.
Welcome to SEOChat, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their Search Engine Optimization knowledge. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.
Dec 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM
SEO Chat Website Change Log/Design Updates
This thread will be used to let the community know what changes we've been making to the website.
- Require 50 posts or more to view or use shoutbox
- Restored "Quick Links" and all information stored there
- Changed moderators name display to red, and admins to green. Also increase typesize for the display of these.
- Enlarged profile page "bio" box. Please make use of it! The whole profile page will be getting an overhaul shortly too.
- Fixed a variety of RSS feed issues. These should all be available now, and without errors.
- Put the shoutbox back (woot woot!)
- Added Nofollow for ALL social media links everywhere (forum posts + profile pages) - this should reduce the risk of active member's social links appearing as "sitewide"
- Changed "Settings" Label to "UserCP"
- Fixed facebook feed (it was down)
- Bumped up base type size on forums to 13px
- Improved instructions for users adding links to their social media profiles
- Added "Post new thread" back to the top of the page
- Made logo in header on forums link back to the forum home page
- Modified .posthead at the thread level to have 5px of padding on the top and bottom (this reduces the height of the blue boxes that thread comments are wrapped in)
- Corrected issue where threads with numbers in them were pointing to the wrong place
Dec 19th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Updated on 12/19 - see above.
Dec 19th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Is adding the Lounge category still on the list?
That should be an easy one.
Dec 19th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Last edited by NathanielB; Dec 19th, 2012 at 04:25 AM.
Dec 19th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Where you seeing the thing call a shout box? I haven't seen it yet, common where ya hidin it?
Originally Posted by NathanielB
Dec 19th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Sorry... changes are being pushed up this morning. I guess there was an issue getting them live last night.
The shoutbox is on the main forum page only. We're having some spam issues in it, so we're going to require users to have 50 posts before they can see it or use it.
Dec 19th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Dec 19th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Changes have been pushed up now. Sorry for the confusion.
Dec 19th, 2012, 03:32 PM
What are you calling the home page? http://forums.seochat.com/
I still don't see it.
Dec 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Last edited by dzine; Dec 19th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Dec 19th, 2012, 05:07 PM
No it's not.
added: Am I the only one not able to see it?
Last edited by Test-ok; Dec 19th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Dec 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Are you logged in? (Um yeah you probably are)
It's there, trust me But hey, you won't miss it
Dec 19th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I don't know why. tried it in IE, Firefox and Chrome. it's not there in any of them.
I find it odd that I'm the only one who can't see it. Tried it on a different computer....still no go.
Dec 19th, 2012, 11:08 PM
i have no shout box either...
Live the moment
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Must be a permissions thing then maybe. Best to ask JP via email...?
By labatt in forum Suggestions & Feedback
Last Post: Jul 9th, 2012, 08:46 AM
By RSS_News_User in forum Technology News
Last Post: Mar 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
By jigs_des in forum Search Engine Optimization
Last Post: Oct 27th, 2008, 06:00 AM
By enablingbiz in forum Search Engine Optimization
Last Post: Jun 12th, 2008, 04:19 AM