Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Why aren't you using your earlpearl account?
    I don't care. Whatever you guys like. If I use the earlpearl acct I have to go back to the admins and mods to change the email.

Now the long answer:

Honestly, and in depth, when i joined here I chose that username and I didn't know anything. One thing I was learning was seo and I was applying it to local smb sites. I was also interacting with some owners/operators of competitive smbs in different cities/same industry. I sort of realized I was learning things here they didn't know about (say circa 2003/2004).

Frankly, I followed EGOL's advice at the time and kept my screenname and anonymity over time.

A couple of years later, among other things I signed up for twitter. earlpearl was taken (by some jerk). so I chose a username of localoptimizer. That name has a following in the local seo world. I'm less anonymous with regard to one of the industry types and have attached my real name to it.

the localoptimizer name has some following in the local seo world. some might say there is some expertise and experience behind it. I think its also fair to say I'm just an opinionated big mouth.

Frankly, these days, I have my real name, the earlpearl username and localoptimizer username spread around the web.

LOL!!! I guess that makes me a branding knucklehead!!!

At this stage...you can call me Jack. Any name works!!!

Comments on this post

• jimsthoughts agrees : Yes, an honor to see you back!
    • EGOL agrees : Earl, nice to see you posting again. Looking forward to reading your posts.
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Have the admins change the name on earlpearl to localoptimizer. That way you get your old post count and rep points. Up to you.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. SEO Insultant

vB forum members' accounts can easily be merged. If this were SEORefugee or SERoundTable forums, it would have been fixed already.

It's the little nagging things that make me regret being a mere "mod" here instead of a proper admin.

P.S.: Why are we having this discussion in the "Local Search Techniques" section?

Comments on this post

• jimsthoughts agrees : I'd like to start a thread soon on mod and admin stuff..but I'd want to discuss it with current ones first. I'd like to see lots of quality people helping together if we can.
    • localoptimizer agrees : Now I get it!!! Excellent content/post. you deserve all the rep you can get.
  7. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Originally Posted by dzine
    P.S.: Why are we having this discussion in the "Local Search Techniques" section?
    I don't know. Jim started the thread. Ask him.
  9. CEO, but responsible to u
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

not sure why either...james got a little carried away when I asked him to post my "I'm Jim" post in each forum...he placed them everywhere...sorry....
  11. Senior Member
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Ha, yeah, in my enthusiasm I posted it everywhere so the news would be seen by everyone. We can move this conversation over to Suggestions and Feedback if you want. In fact, I'll do that now.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

@SEO_AM. thanks for your advice. I forgot all about that rep stuff.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Welcome back Jim, I am encouraged by your initial words, here's hoping to a new breath of life into the DEV forums.

I used to spend a little time in DEV hardware forum (and a tiny bit in the others) and then dropped off, hoping the new blood will get me interested again.

Comments on this post

• jimsthoughts agrees : Thanks John....we'll start with seochat, then devshed, then the rest..the others could use some Serious Help with life...would love to see at those places too.
  17. Senior Member
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Now that the news has spread, I am closing this thread and opening a new one located here:

http://forums.seochat.com/suggestion...ns-459224.html

Please drop by and leave any feedback/suggestions you have regarding the site and any changes you would like to see. We want to mold the community to reflect the wants and needs of you guys, the users, and can't do it without your input.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: