Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I havent received my email conf code

hello

Im trying to edit my profile but it wont let me until i get the conformation code, iv not received the email yet but i got the welcome email straight away.

Any help would be good thank you
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello and welcome!

Our forum does not use confirmation emails. We only send the "welcome" email.

Aspects of your profile, such as a profile picture and a forum signature, will unlock naturally over time as you continue to post and gain reputation points from your fellow users.

It doesn't take much - I think the first milestone is like 10 posts and after that it's 50 reputation points, 30 posts, and 30 days registered.

Hope that helps!

Comments on this post

• jadey11 agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    Hello and welcome!

Our forum does not use confirmation emails. We only send the "welcome" email.

Aspects of your profile, such as a profile picture and a forum signature, will unlock naturally over time as you continue to post and gain reputation points from your fellow users.

It doesn't take much - I think the first milestone is like 10 posts and after that it's 50 reputation points, 30 posts, and 30 days registered.

Hope that helps!
    ok thats fine, will there be an option to put my website link in my profile for the visitors/members to see later aswell then ?
  7. Not An Expert

Yep! If it doesn't happen after 10 posts then it will after 50 rep points, 30 posts, and 30 days.
  9. No Profile Picture

Yep! If it doesn't happen after 10 posts then it will after 50 rep points, 30 posts, and 30 days.
    ok thats good, and what about the likes in posts ? i see you have rep system, does my user name go on the post i reped like a 'like' useally?

hope this doesn't sound too odd a question
  11. Not An Expert

Nah, don't worry

So, it looks like you just left me a rep comment above. You can see that it says "jadey11 agrees." If you had chosen to disagree, it would say "jadey11 disagrees."

You can also leave messages in your rep comments. Usually, if you want to tell someone "thanks!" or "Nice post!" that's where you would write that instead of creating a whole new post just to say "thanks!"

Once you begin earning reputation points, you'll be able to share them as well. Underneath your name, to the right side of your posts, you'll see this:

Join Date Mar 2016
    Posts 3
    Rep Power 0

Or that's how it looks now anyway. "Rep Power" is how many reputation points you can give to other people when you leave a rep comment. Reputation points convert to reputation power at a certain rate.

Basically:
    1. Make good posts and help people
    2. If people like your posts and find you helpful, they'll give you Rep Points
    3. The more Rep Points you get, the more Rep Power you have
    4. Now you can give people Rep Points too

This results in a system where the most helpful, dedicated, friendly, etc users are given a greater ability to mark other users as helpful, friendly, etc. They can also subtract rep points from users who spam, make useless posts, or are jerks. Community moderation, kinda.

Comments on this post

• jadey11 agrees
  13. Not An Expert

Also, I'm moving this thread to our "Suggestions and Feedback" section since we use that as a kind of public tech support and bug report forum.

As a user with less than 10 posts, any new threads you create will be automatically redirected to our "New User Q&A" section, so don't worry about posting in the right place just yet. We do this so that it's easier to help new users faster, and also a form of spam protection. It helps round up the spam all into one place.
  15. No Profile Picture

ok thats fine and understood but i cant see the joey11 as you said ?
  17. Not An Expert

Take a look at the picture below:

When you make a rep comment, it shows up on the post you made it for. You've made one on each of the posts I've made in this thread. In the picture above, I've highlighted in red where your rep comment should appear.

Are you not seeing the box with "Comments on this post" below the body of post #2 in this thread? If not, it might have to do with your user privileges. Or something could be wrong with our system. I'd have to look into it a little more.

Comments on this post

• jadey11 agrees
    Attached Images
  19. Not An Expert

You may have to refresh the page as well, to get them to appear.
  21. No Profile Picture

Take a look at the picture below:

When you make a rep comment, it shows up on the post you made it for. You've made one on each of the posts I've made in this thread. In the picture above, I've highlighted in red where your rep comment should appear.

Are you not seeing the box with "Comments on this post" below the body of post #2 in this thread? If not, it might have to do with your user privileges. Or something could be wrong with our system. I'd have to look into it a little more.
    ha !! yea i didn't see the big box thing

ok i thought the 'joey11' in the box i see now would be clickable to my profile page, its not, is there a reason for this ?

another odd question ?
  23. Not An Expert

Your username, as located within the "Comments on this post" box or the Rep Comment box as we call it, doesn't link to your profile because it isn't necessary. That's by design.

Any user's profile can be located by clicking on their name as located to the left of their post. I've outlined what I mean in red below:

Clicking there (or on my name, or any user's name) should bring up a drop-down menu with several options. One of them should be "view profile." Click that and it should take you to that user's profile
  25. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

why does jadey11 only show 1 post? that's odd.

Comments on this post

• jadey11 agrees
  27. Not An Expert

Hm, I hadn't noticed. I'll look into it in the back end, maybe one of our auto-updating chrons got stuck or something.

Edit: Yep, looks like something got stuck. Should be fixed now! Thanks for pointing that out.

Comments on this post

• jadey11 agrees
  29. No Profile Picture

Your username, as located within the "Comments on this post" box or the Rep Comment box as we call it, doesn't link to your profile because it isn't necessary. That's by design.

Any user's profile can be located by clicking on their name as located to the left of their post. I've outlined what I mean in red below:

Clicking there (or on my name, or any user's name) should bring up a drop-down menu with several options. One of them should be "view profile." Click that and it should take you to that user's profile
    the reason im asking is becuase i saw a youtube video saying you can build a strong link from my profile page i.e my.domain by simply liking peoples posts and bots get funneled onto my link in my profile ..... is this wrong info ? he was a young aussie nothing against aussies but he was young so idk

please excuse the terminology im new to all this, its just that i'v got 3 new forums i'v built and they're getting a lot of attention atm with a new member every day, so i just want to make them the best i can

sorry for all the odd questions about the likes but this is why i was asking really.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: