Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hey again!

Sorry about that - around the time of your last post, I went to have some dinner and then to bed. But I'm back now, happy to continue helping!

So, I saw that your post above (where you quote me) didn't show up for you initially. That's also just because you're a new user. We have an automated filter that holds some posts in a moderation queue. When a post is put into that queue, it must be manually approved by a mod or an admin. So it won't go live right away. Once you break 10 posts (and then the 30-30-30 combo after that) the filter will be less strict with you.

Because of the massive amount of spam we get every day, the filter is set to be extra sensitive with new users. Posting a link or an image might get a post put into the queue. The filter has no sense of context though - so above, you have an image in your post...but it's in a quote from me. That's totally harmless. But the filter just sees the image and goes "Woah! Better hold that one!"

Anyway...your question about building links between profile pages and forum posts is becoming a totally new topic. It might be worth posting a new thread about it in our New User Q&A section. But I can answer a little bit here too.

Here's a post about how to use forums for SEO. It's the best one I've ever read on the topic, and I think it's one of the crown jewels of SEO Chat.

Originally Posted by jadey11
    i saw a youtube video saying you can build a strong link from my profile page i.e my.domain by simply liking peoples posts and bots get funneled onto my link in my profile ..... is this wrong info ?
    All links on SEO Chat are nofollow links. So they won't pass any juice anywhere. You might get some traffic through them, but that traffic will be all but useless unless it's well targeted. In other words, if you link to a site selling furniture, you'll probably get worthless traffic from our forum. People are here to learn about and discuss SEO, not buy furniture. That's just an example.

As a forum, our administration has a duty to keep spam to a minimum. SEO Chat is a professional forum for making connections, learning, and sharing. It's not for spam, it's not for others to get SEO benefits out of.

The rep comment system was created before my time, but I have to imagine that one of the reasons it doesn't include a link to user profiles is because we don't like spam. We don't want users coming to our forums and "liking" every post they see in an effort to get links to their profile spread as far as they can...and by doing so, indirectly linking their site everywhere. Our forums exist for the mutual benefit of everyone - but they do not exist as a link-juicebox for every spammer to squeeze as much out of as they can.

I'm not directing any of that specifically at you, by the way. I'm just speaking generally.

Originally Posted by jadey11
    its just that i'v got 3 new forums i'v built and they're getting a lot of attention atm with a new member every day, so i just want to make them the best i can
    Do you mean that you own three new forums, or that you've joined 3 forums as a new member? We have a few other users who are building forums and communities right now - Z Warriors is one of them I can think of off the top of my head. They have a thread up in New User Q&A which is very specific to their site, but could be worth a read. If you have your own questions, please start a new thread though - don't hijack other peoples' threads for your own questions ;)

But yeah, hopefully you'll meet some people who are working on similar projects, make connections, have discussions. And ask questions! Any time, and as many as you like.

If you have technical issues with the forum - and I know that they happen - feel free to contact me directly at markr@imninjas.com and I'll try to resolve them as best I can.

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

ok thank you for all the great info, i've learnt alot about the links etc you mentoned. Just to make sure you know where i am, i wasnt going to come on here Just to juice up my link, they are my sites which iv built and i thought i could get lot of info from here And do the link thing, but i understand the nofollow and your reason. so i'll just be hanging out and learning all your tricks or trying

anyways thanks for the info.
  5. Not An Expert

Sure thing!

If you ever have any questions about communities, forums, etc I'll make sure to share my thoughts. I'm no expert, but I'm happy to help brainstorm and stuff when I can.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    Sure thing!

If you ever have any questions about communities, forums, etc I'll make sure to share my thoughts. I'm no expert, but I'm happy to help brainstorm and stuff when I can.
    ok, what did you mean by this ?

"Anyway...your question about building links between profile pages and forum posts is becoming a totally new topic. It might be worth posting a new thread about it in our New User Q&A section. But I can answer a little bit here too."

Is this idea what i heard new to you guys ?
  9. Not An Expert

No, it's not entirely new. I believe that you have misunderstood me.

All I meant was that when we first started talking in this thread, it was about helping you learn how to use OUR forums specifically. You asked a question about your SEO Chat profile.

If you are looking to talk about another subject - such as how to build forums - then you should start a new thread for it.

On SEO Chat, we like to keep threads focused on one topic only.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    No, it's not entirely new. I believe that you have misunderstood me.

All I meant was that when we first started talking in this thread, it was about helping you learn how to use OUR forums specifically. You asked a question about your SEO Chat profile.

If you are looking to talk about another subject - such as how to build forums - then you should start a new thread for it.

On SEO Chat, we like to keep threads focused on one topic only.
    ok no worrys buddy

enjoy your day
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: