Thread: Create Archives

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Create Archives

Create archives for each category, where we can still read the posts.

Reason for this suggestion is there are way too many posts that are old and we cannot reply to.

More old ones than current ones.

The archive would store old posts for any research and of course, provide a search function for these archived posts
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion! I can't promise that action will be taken, but I'll make sure that this is passed on to the higher-ups for their consideration.

In the meantime, we do have a way that you can search our threads! You can use our internal search engine here: Advanced Search - SEO Chat Forums

It will allow you to search threads old and new by keyword and date. I've found a lot of great threads that way myself - back when I was just starting out here all the way up to today.

Our moderation team discourages posting in threads that are too old - a year back or more is my general rule of thumb, unless the new post is really exceptional and promises to revive a discussion or push it in a new and exciting direction. Even then, a new post linking to an older thread would be preferable to me. Other members of the mod team might have their own opinions and strategies - it's up to their discretion.

If an older post starts drawing low-effort or spammy responses, it will sometimes be closed for posting. Sometimes I close threads that are a little newer than that, too - let's say like 3+ months or so. If a thread hasn't gotten any new posts for three months and starts drawing a lot of spam all of a sudden, I sometimes close it to discourage spammers.

If a user like yourself had a desire to post in such a thread, I'd be willing to open it back up again too!