1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Conversion Rate Optimization

Was just thinking with the recent discussions about CRO - and I think it would be a good idea to have a Conversion Rate Optimization forum section.

Not only for discussion, but also for opinions about member sites (somewhat like site reviews). Sometimes a second, third, and fourth set of eyes can really help perfect a site/page, and I think it would be a good idea to let people bounce ideas off each other in terms of getting the most out of their traffic.

It's not really SEO, but as has been said, what good is traffic if it doesn't convert?

Anyone else up for taking things a step beyond "SEO"?

Comments on this post

• seomonkeymanocp agrees
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I think we should tweak an existing forum to include CRO; we're adding too many forums IMO!
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    Not only for discussion, but also for opinions about member sites (somewhat like site reviews). Sometimes a second, third, and fourth set of eyes can really help perfect a site/page, and I think it would be a good idea to let people bounce ideas off each other in terms of getting the most out of their traffic.
    A good idea - but isn't it what the site review forum is supposed to be for?

Just trying to figure out whether there would be any major difference between the two except for the CRO forum would specifically focus on conversions and the general site reviews forum on the overall website, which includes optimizing for conversions as well.

Also since CRO generally refers to PPC campaigns, and we have PPC forums, so those could also be used for conversion optimization related threads.

Again, I totally support the initiative, just trying to figure out whether this new forum is absolutely needed or if people are already using the above mentioned forums for their CRO queries.

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by pro_seo
    A good idea - but isn't it what the site review forum is supposed to be for?
    My thoughts exactly!

But I would dump the Site Review reference and switch to Conversion Rate Optimization... since that is ultimetely why people want a review... to convert more.
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by pro_seo
    Also since CRO generally refers to PPC campaigns, and we have PPC forums, so those could also be used for conversion optimization related threads.
    Worth noting separate... it was bred there but it really has nothing to do with PPC...

It just so happen that PPC has a rapid CTR from implementation so it ties in to CRO more easily...

You can edit "WHATEVER" and you won't negatively affect CTR where SEO you can make a change which causes lost traffic regardless of whether CRO was improved.

While I can appreciate the monumental returns you can get from CRO... channel5 himself made the comment paraphrasing] "I switched to CRO from SEO because it is easier to learn to convert better with what you have than to get more traffic."

I'd rather continue to get more traffic and outsource to someone that is more experienced in CRO... or if you are better at CRO outsource SEO... instead of "throwing in the towel".

Being a jack of all though makes you not overly great at all.
    Last edited by fathom; Sep 7th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.