1. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Can I utilize this Forum for the Linkback? Or It will be Spammed.

After spending huge time on this forum now I think why I don't use this forum for backlinks. I find the similar info at How To: Use Forums For SEO.

Today I was getting irritating from answering the same questions from new users and think if I filter some of their common questions and start writing on it and publish on my site first.

When any new users ask the similar question then give them my site blog URL as referral where my content team has written on the same topics so that it will give me the reason to stick around more because then my personal interest will be involved also.

WHAT YOU SAY (NEED REPLY FROM MOD, ADMIN, AND OLD MEMBERS)?
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Mar 28th, 2017 at 04:57 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I've moved this thread to our Suggestions & Feedback section, which is where I like to keep all of our "meta" posts about how the forum works and what our users can do here. I'll discuss this with the mod/admin teams. Anyone else is, of course, free to share their thoughts here as well.
  5. Entrepreneur

I didn't hear back anything from you guys on this.
  7. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

There is an open thread in the mods forum, I think Mark will come back to you soon.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  9. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Heya!

Well, first off, I'm sorry that it took so long to get back to you with a definitive answer Prof.stan. Looks like this was originally posted over 2 weeks ago at this point. But we've been discussing this in the mod forum as a matter of both public forum policy and as an exception to our general rules.

We'd prefer our members to (1) add detailed replies within the forums and (2) contribute to the SEO Chat blog and then link back to those URLs. That said, we don't mind established trusted members linking back to their own blogs occasionally but we'd understandably prefer them to link to SEO Chat properties whenever possible.

You, as an established and trusted member who has repeatedly made excellent posts that make our community a better place, are someone that we don't mind linking back to your own blog in the way you describe occasionally. You are an exception to our general rule - I just want to make that clear in public to newbies.

It is still not preferable for newbies to make posts back to their own site after just 10 posts or something. Prof.stan has been a member with us for years and is still to this day making exceptional posts like this one: BackLinks Filtering Process How to do This

That's why he is an exception to our usual rules. That's what sets him apart in this case.

Anyway, Prof.stan - as long as they are more than one-liners (i.e. "I've answered this question, check it out here: [link]") then it's fine. Just include some unique content along with your link, either explaining what it is or addressing some situation unique to the OP, and we're cool.

Like I said, we'd prefer it to be an SEO Chat property - if you want to write for our blog and include links back to yours, let myself or Ann Smarty know. Ann Smarty handles our writers more so than I do, but I can get you in touch with her if you want to work through me. That's something we're all for!

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees
    • dzine agrees : Cool
  11. Entrepreneur

Thank you Mark to understand this and offerring me to write for your blog, so later on I will PM you but before start writing on it i will send you some topics then i will start writing on it. Remeber I am not content writer so before sending it I will ask to my content team for proof reading and they will make the required change before sending. I got a reply on my concerned now I am closing this thread that will prevant the futher spam.