1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Pinterest Algorithm?

So my strategy on Pinterest has been to find trending pins relevant to my client, pin one or two, then watch as people piggyback from those to other pins of mine.

The strategy works and I post numbers consistently, but I've got questions:

- Does anyone have a comprehensive guide to Pinterest's algorithm? I figure that the more likes you have, the higher up your pins appear in follower feeds. But do things like comments also push your pins up?

- Is it true that having a large following gives your pins "built-in" clout and makes them more likely to be repinned?

- Other than Repinly, any suggestions for a good trending pin tool?

And finally: Is there NO way to time-release pins? I feel like Pinerly had that capability, but I had a hard time getting registered or some foolishness.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by DigitalDionne
    So my strategy on Pinterest has been to find trending pins relevant to my client, pin one or two, then watch as people piggyback from those to other pins of mine.
    That's a very interesting strategy. Something to look into - for sure.

I figure that the more likes you have, the higher up your pins appear in follower feeds. But do things like comments also push your pins up?
    I don't know if that's true but what I know for sure is that new members are ghost-banned: there pins are not visible to anyone unless you go to directly their profile.

So following the logic, if Pinterest is using that algorithm to downrank new users' content, they might be using some sort of the algorithm to give more visibility to pins from established profiles.

Other than Repinly, any suggestions for a good trending pin tool?
    Have you tried this one? Trending Pins | PinReach (it's not as cool as Repinly though but I am not aware of any other tool)
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I agree with you Ann, pinterest algorithm working abnormally,more you have contribute on daily basis more your particular image exposure on guest.