1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Has anyone had any experience or success using Tumblr

Hello People

I was wondering if any of you guys had any success using Tumblr.

I'm currently thinking of link building ideas for a photography site and I noticed that Tumblr seems to be a very popular place for people to share and reblog photographs.

So I was wondering if you guys had any good ideas you would be willing to share?

The problem I see is that Tumblr is really a blogging site and I already have a blog on my site so ineffect I can be duplicating the same type of information (content) across both platforms. Which I dont really want to do.....

However the "ask me something" on Tumblr seems to be quite popular so I'm thinking that might be a good way to encourage people to interact with the photographer.

Other than that and posting some interesting photographs which may well have been blogged on my own site I'm a little stuck....at least I will be targeting another kind of audience?

What do you experts think?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Tumblr is no longer that popular today. But if you plan on utilizing it for social media marketing, check on the appropriateness of the demography with your target market.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't remember tumblr ever being that popular.

I still use tumblr to occasionally post news and build backlinks.
  7. Contributing User

Why not use pinterest?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Even though people say Tumblr is not popular it can still be effective for syndicating your content, in conjunction with pinterest it can be pretty powerful
  11. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by ozzyr
    Why not use pinterest?
    Hey Oz the reason most use tumblr is that a lot of its' pages are do follow and you can automate the post to it using scrapebox and by setting scrapebox to hit it on a regular basis you can get bunches of hi-pr backlinks.

The big problem with tumblr is that as you post links to it, they will eventually scroll off, they only allow x links on a page before they disappear. This is a widely known blk hat trick. This requires you to re-post on a regular basis, hence the use of scrapebox.
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  13. No Profile Picture

It can be good site to generate traffic, but I prefer to focus on others that are more active like delicous, stumble, reddit. I don't like spreading myself out so much so you can focus more on the better ones.
  15. No Profile Picture

Of course Tumblr today is not so popular as before, but moreover when it was popular it didn't last long. Now it's popular only for some groups of people with their own interests, and it would be better for a business to use Pinterest.
  17. No Profile Picture

I have found that Tumblr is filled with people that I have absolutely zero interest with in reaching. I have found that a localized Facebook ad (if you are providing a local product) works far better than Tumblr could. I also cannot stand the layout of the site itself so that does not help either.
  19. No Profile Picture

Tumbler is useful but not popular now a days.
  21. No Profile Picture

tumblr has a certain demographic -- I'd say it skews a lot younger than Facebook. If that's the audience you're trying to reach then go with tumblr.
  23. No Profile Picture

Although Tumblr has been the top most social network website, I also don't find any difference on it. When compare to Pinterest, Tumblr is not working me. I don't know what mistakes i am doing on it. Which shows no visitors on my page via tumblr.
  25. No Profile Picture

it is good site for generate traffic , but Pinterest is good site for images and links.