Thread: Facebook likes

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Facebook likes

Hello!!!
    I need advice. What steps I should take to increase my site visibility on Facebook? Should I buy Facebook likes for marketing my web page? And how it will impact me? I really don't know how to boost traffic to my page and buying Facebook likes seems to be great opportunity.
    Does anyone have ideas or suggestion to help me?
    Thank you.
  3. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by jerry_movie
    Buying Facebook fans might be one of the options you should definitely consider when you want to get your site going. Make sure the fans you buy are real people and not 'robots'. What you need is real interaction, real interesting topics, shares, not simply 'like-clicking'. This is what actually involves people. Make your fanpage live its life, run it naturally, show your human side, do not get too pompous. By having more likes, both your fanpage and site get more exposure and your marketing powers increase. Once you have a certain number of likes, your fanpage will increase naturally, on its own, but do not cease working hard.

However, Facebook is not the only tool to increase traffic on your site. I do recommend the article called How to drive traffic to your site. The fifth point touches upon what I slightly mentioned above. Do not limit yourself to Facebook but set out for other networking sites as well and use all the options possible.

Good luck!
    Determine buying fans, because to me the only way that you can legitimately do this with any positive effect is to pay for facebook advertising and get your name out there. Any other method will just result in you paying people to click like when they have no interest whatsoever, hence being pointless.

Reach out to all of your friends and get them to like it, that way some of their friends will also notice they have liked it and maybe check it out.

If you have been to university and have friends from there social circles can be huge due to the diversity of where people are from.
    If you are new to SEO please read these, On-Page Optimisation and Meta data before asking questions.

Or if you would just like to view my website: http://www.cwhittaker.com, State SEOCHAT for 10% off custom websites
  5. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by maryna
    Hello!!!
    I need advice. What steps I should take to increase my site visibility on Facebook?
    I suggest you read this thread that was started a few days a go:
    http://forums.seochat.com/social-media-83/did-you-buy-facebook-likes-462859.html

It has some PROs anв CONs to buying as well as some tips
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  7. No Profile Picture

buying likes are not advisable some of it are not legitimate. Increasing fan page likes need patience and effort posting relevant status updates, information related to your niche and adding friends with the same interest will help a lot.
  9. No Profile Picture

There are so many ways to Increase you Visibility on Facebook -

Train Your Audience to Watch for Your Content -
    You want to make sure you are delivering good content so that your audience won’t want to miss a thing.

Educate Your Audience to Highlight Your Stories in Their News Feed -
    The good news is that Facebook pages are showing up in the news feed. People have a choice when viewing posts to highlight the story.

Tell Your Audience to Create a Favorite Pages List

Leverage the Facebook Subscribe Button -
    Because personal profile posts are being shown more in the news feed, you may want to start using your personal profile more for business.
  11. No Profile Picture

It's not advisable to buy Facebook likes through any providers; they will provide lots of likes but they are not useful because they are fake, dead and not from targeted audiences. If you would like to increase your Facebook likes then encourage post qualitative contents that encourage others to share and like those.
  13. No Profile Picture

There is some way to increase your Visibility on Facebook:

1) Be Prepared to Write Quality Wall Posts and Engage in Conversation Consistently:

Remember to be likable, produce quality content and engage in active conversations because all these factors make great first impressions.

2) Reward Loyal Followers:

Give your followers great discounts and prizes, in addition to making customized Facebook badges for those followers who help you engage hesitant customers and aid in making that sale.

3) Use the great Power of Your Social Media Networks:

Use everything you have to promote your brand, your message and yourself. If you have a Twitter account, use it to promote your Facebook. If you have a MySpace account, use it to promote your Facebook and VICE VERSA. Remember that your Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and more Followers will not necessarily be the same in all social media areas, therefore you could also be introducing these followers into new arenas of social media marketing in which they never considered.

4) Use Facebook Plug-Ins on Your Website:

Plug-ins such as Like Buttons, Content Streams and Like Boxes can help others reach you within the huge Facebook population.

5) Tag and Acknowledge:

Tag an Author and/or acknowledge an article, post, etc. Share links and product/service information and encourage others to do the same. This method of sharing is as powerful as the most proven form of marketing ever known... WORD OF MOUTH. This time, you are using the power of computing to spread your message even farther.

Comments on this post

• mariawinslet agrees : 5
    • Antics agrees
  15. No Profile Picture

It's mostly about content. If you can set a strategy of when to post, and what you will post, more people will follow your page as they can expect what you are offering.

Posting at commuter hours gets a lot of traffic for newsy articles, whilst posting from 10pm onwards and you have less competition, yet millions of people are bored online, scrolling through endless memes.

Don't buy Facebook likes! Deffo a black hat solution, what is more important is 'talking about' as apposed to 'likes this page' anyway.

Interaction over following. Interest over clicks.

Maybe you will find more interest on other sites? Pinterest is well known for users identifying with brands, more so than Facebook. I wrote an article on it a week ago you may find i helpful - <snip>

Businesses get larger followings on Twitter as well, so maybe switch...
    Last edited by dzine; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
  17. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Facebook is not much different then the goal of your website IMO. Provide useful information. I think the boundaries of relevance with your Facebook page are far wider then your website. Meaning, you can more freely discuss topics that may not be completely relevant to your overall specialty or topic whereas you would want to stick to more tighter boundaries on your website.

Facebook can also be used to create more transparency about your business. You can achieve similar transparency with your website or blog but I think it's more conducive and more likely that people will engage on your Facebook page. Utilizing the sites and methods your visitors are more likely to frequent will build strength to your overall campaign.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't buy Facebook likes; that is not going to get you any organic traffic.
    You could probably use the Facebook ads feature and boost a couple of your Page posts to reach out to more people.
    There are 2 ways of doing it - CPC (Cost per Click) and CPM (Cost per Mille) - you could run the ad campaign for about 7 days for start, and then see if it works for you.
    Personally, having tried CPC, the number of clicks certainly increased; but the number of likes, shares are less significant. But, the traffic that my page gets is organic and hence, this feature works perfectly well.
    Don't forget to make your content interactive, unique and relevant to the targeted audience.
    And once, your page does well, you can redirect the audience to your site - thereby, promoting it.
    Good luck!
    Hope this helps!
  21. No Profile Picture

Great advice.

What I found to work well is the consistent approach. While I am naughty in practicing with my own pages, it has been proven with pages I manage for others. The recommendation that allenhill offers, with quality content is so true. The other aspect is the consistency. I have found that a consistent diet of quality content on the page naturally increases the LIKEs. You are not going to see some immediate miracle, but if you track it, you can look back over months, years, and see the quantity increase. And, that quantity increase are usually targeted traffic that is more likely to engage with your page and with your brand, which is what you ultimately want. It isn't the instant gratification, but imagine the day where you will look at your stats and say, "Wow, I have 5,000 LIKEs and they all actually LIKE me." That is worth the wait because it is real.

Also, to add to what allenhill said, "ASK" for the LIKE and the share. For your regulars, ask them to share the post. It is amazing how many times people will simply respond and do that. That is another great way to get the visibility and appear more times on the feeds.

-Deborah

Originally Posted by allenhill
    There are so many ways to Increase you Visibility on Facebook -

Train Your Audience to Watch for Your Content -
    You want to make sure you are delivering good content so that your audience won’t want to miss a thing.

Educate Your Audience to Highlight Your Stories in Their News Feed -
    The good news is that Facebook pages are showing up in the news feed. People have a choice when viewing posts to highlight the story.

Tell Your Audience to Create a Favorite Pages List

Leverage the Facebook Subscribe Button -
    Because personal profile posts are being shown more in the news feed, you may want to start using your personal profile more for business.
  23. No Profile Picture

Hey there,

Just a word of warning, I would actually never 'buy' likes if I were you. Not that anything negative will happen to you page, in fact you'll see a very fast rise in likes - almost too good to be true, and in most cases it will be...

The profiles that 'like' your page will be spam accounts, and will have no positive effect on your page other than boosting that magic number. However, over time you'll see a huge drop-off as Facebook moderates its inactive and / or spammy profiles, and in many cases deletes them. In addition, those likes you bought won't ever engage with your posts and they may as well not even be there.

In short, organic traffic is the way to go.

So having said that, some of the most efficient ways I've found to get quality and relevant likes fairly quickly is as follows:

1. Start posting high quality content that's relevant to your page and brand.

2. Add social icons to your brand's website / E-Mail signatures / Blogs to drive traffic to your pages.

3. Keep practicing your posting. Determine your style, tone of voice and analyse which posts are having the most engagement with your followers.

4. Run a competition - this is such a good way to get keen users engaged with your page, even if they're competition hunters.

5. Promote your competition on competition-based websites (like Loquax, Prize Finder, etc.) to get the most out of it.

6. Add a little budget to Facebook marketing. This is a great way to directly engage with users that have a specified interest in your brand.

7. Always communicate with your fans. Don't ignore comments or post from your fans. I've found that taking time to respond to as many of your fans' enquiries, requests or comments really does pay dividends in the long term.

8. Keep it going! The best pages that I've managed in the past have always grown organically due to maintaining a high quality level of consistent posting. Nothing will happen overnight, but as long as you keep the momentum going and post valuable content regularly I'm sure you'll do well.

So there you have it. Hopefully you found some value from my post here. It was my first post on this forum, so be nice everyone.
  25. No Profile Picture

I have yet to try the boost post option on Facebook, but I would never ever recommend buying likes or using services like SEOclerks (which I had never seen before but hoo boy does it look nasty). Heaven forbid a person might actually do the work themselves and make a personal effort on their own content and site.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You need to share unique ideas & content with Image per day. You need to join the relevant group with daily conversation about the product.
  29. No Profile Picture

See.. if you need only a few likes, you can ask your friends and their friends to like your page and share it on their timeline.. It rarely helps as friends never help us in case of need

On the other hand, if you need a large number of likes and that too quickly.. and unless you are a big organization, i dont think you can do it without the use of several websites we have here.. But i would say one thing, don't go for purchasing facebook likes. It looks fake.

Go for sites like Traffup and Likes4Likes. They are good for getting free facebook likes.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: