1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Does facebook page with more than 5000 friend improve my website visitor?

i have a face book page with more than 5000 friends. i made a website(2 month ago). is it useful for my site rank and does it increase my websites visitor?. can i post my web site post on my face book page to get visitor? does a face book page with 5000 friends has any worth?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

We are just about to hit 16,000 likes on our page but we don't get much business at all from it. We list promotions like crazy and have very little conversions. I have no doubt that social media will eventually become a big part of SEO but for now the value is rather low.
  5. Rebel Without a Clue

Originally Posted by TcxAnthony
    I have no doubt that social media will eventually become a big part of SEO but for now the value is rather low.
    I'm not sure if it is "rather low". Since we turned our attention to Google+ and YouTube, as well as using social bookmarks of our own pages and our new links, we seem to have crept up further. We've one keyword that has only a very small number of back links (and these only on article sites) but it's suddenly appeared on page 2 from nowhere once we've exposed it to social media.

It could all be coincidence, but I'm not sure - I'm interested to read others' thoughts on this.
  7. Rebel Without a Clue

Originally Posted by TcxAnthony
    We are just about to hit 16,000 likes on our page but we don't get much business at all from it. We list promotions like crazy and have very little conversions..
    We have only 1735 fans but Facebook is very good at bringing us business. We rarely list promotions or advertise on it so that when we do it has more clout, under the rule of 'less is more'. Most of our posts are to get people talking and interacting - currently over half of our fans are "talking about" something on our page. Whether it's working for us because we're a B2C business, or because of the nature of our business I don't know.

Twitter has worked well for us on a networking level, it's brought us sales but a very small number in relation to our followers.

Social networks are all proof of popularity / authority so I'd be surprised if they're not covered in some deep, dark algorithm somewhere....
  9. Rebel Without a Clue

....and next comes the spam on how to buy Facebook fans. Yawn.

Call me a cynic.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Facebook is a good medium to attract visitors on your website, and ofcource if you will have 5000 friends it will push up your visitors list.. but the thing is if you are not getting business of it even after having good numbers in friend list you need to add relavent friends in your account..

Relavent friends reffers to the friends which relates to your business and can give active impressions on your site reducing your bounce rate, and you will get good response..i hope that will work \m/
  13. Contributing User

It's not just Facebook where you can get more visitors. A lot of people use the popular social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook etc but there are a host of other social means to gain your visitors depending on your subject matter of the site.

Personally i don't think Facebook will improve your visitor level even if it is a popular social networking site, and i bet that almost half of the likes are either fake or have been liked for the sake of it. some examples:

1. I have a UK site with like buttons, follow etc etc but it does not bring in any traffic, in fact, the less popular networks bring in more traffic and i do not have any buttons on my site for these networks.

2. On another site i have a Twitter follow button, does anyone use it? i don't honestly know but the people who have followed me so far are SEO companies, pharma types, mediums and loan sharks looking for a quick buck.

3. Twitter and Facebook use nofollow, nofollow to me means nopoint.

Maybe it depends on who your target audience is (age, interests etc etc), and this is a long winded reply just to say..... no.