Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Did you buy Facebook Likes?

There are plenty of posts in this forum of people who bought 'Likes' with no positive effect. But it has still bugged me that users visiting a website are mislead into thinking the pages are more popular than they are.

However it looks like the concept of buyinf Facebook Likes is starting to unravel...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19741484

Comments on this post

• BethJ agrees
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

No, I don't do this. I think it's a waste of money. We should rather try to get Genuine Fb likes than to buy it.

Comments on this post

• yokevkev agrees : DO NOT BUY from SocialFormula.com will steal your money. I bought the 2500 FaceBook USA Likes and 10,000 Followers on Twitter with delivery 5 days it says on their website. After the 5 days we have not received anything from them and when I was ident
  5. No Profile Picture
    Founder, SEOChat.com :)
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I bought facebook likes, an within about 3 hours got slapped with a penalty by facebook... they blocked all clicks on the like button for our page from third party sites for 30 days. Lesson learned.

Comments on this post

• Dr.Marie agrees : I had no idea FB had penalties!
    Darrin J. Ward, the Founder of SEO Chat (this site
    FREE CHAT BOX FOR YOUR SITE OR BLOG
  7. No Profile Picture

Not a good way to spend money. There are better ways to promote something than this one.
  9. No Profile Picture

free FB likes

I have tried some free fb likes websites.You have to like in exchange of a like but these sites are no longer available since fb warned them.Also even if you manage to get likes through exchange,they unlike you soon,so its really no use.A good and inexpensive way of increasing likes is using FB ppc,you get loads of visitors for peanuts!!

Comments on this post

• Stasy agrees : I have tried this as well, but recently I found one website, really good one, just visit it, maybe you will like: http://www.add-fast-fans.com/facebook.html :)
  11. No Profile Picture

i think this is not the correct way to get likes from Facebook. I strongly suggest that Spending money on PPC will really helps your business. Don't link up with any sites for likes or promoting..
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by RobertaKent
    A good and inexpensive way of increasing likes is using FB ppc,you get loads of visitors for peanuts!!
    And ironically this can also be your undoing. Read this story:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18819338

If you cast your FB PPC net too wide in can mimick buying facebook likes and you'll end up in just as much hot water!

Comments on this post

• RobertaKent
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Doodled

If you cast your FB PPC net too wide in can mimick buying facebook likes and you'll end up in just as much hot water!

Its crucial to optimize the campaign.Having unrelated images and call to actions and vast demographics only ruin it.
  17. My views are my own ;)

I bought from Fiverr for testing purposes. Facebook just discounted all of them quite moderately, so I got back to where I started... BTW: Facebook is now doing not a bad job banning fake profiles liking your page!

Reading through the article: I must say my FB advertising experience was much like the author's...

I had much more luck with "Promoted stories" though - it allows to show your page update to the friends of your fans and I got much more meaningful likes to a page from those campaign!

The bad thing about "Promoted stories" is that it doesn't work for new pages: when you have no one to promote to yet
    Last edited by Ann Smarty; Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  19. No Profile Picture

Never.
    If you want to increase likes of your photo, product or anything else.
    You just Advertise it.
    You can post your product on craigslist and put a link to your page and invite people to come see it, they might as well Like* it.
    I advertise mine with Facebook. post promotions in which people who Like your page will be eligible to participate.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Doodled

Strongly Agreed with you! You need to work hard and provide your viewers the most updated content they deserve. More you work on your content better your Face book likes would be, else you can also buy Facebook page with heavy likes if you want quick and heavy response, but sometimes this thing backfires, so make sure you are taking all the right steps, as if you don't provide with the right content your likes will start to decrease. So either way you need to work hard in order to get and retain likes.
  23. No Profile Picture

I see the whole buying Facebook likes, You Tube views as manipulation techniques. I never was a fan so its good that Facebook is catching on and cleaning house.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

FB is a total waste for most businesses, it's why they are bleeding huge ad income from very smart SEM managers that run huge accounts.

I've never seen a business benefit from a FB page period, especially local professionals.

The ads are useless, the worst CTR in history are FB ads, period.

Until the movie, the demographics were broke young kids that a local professional would never want as a client.

Since the movie their demographics changed, but the older users are usually not FB mad. In fact under 16 FB is a joke and with young teens I'm in position to say how the next generation of hipsters view FB.

Hardcore FB user is female and under 25 and broke. Inside USA and many other regions.

Most guys under 25 and over 16 use it, but they're not FB nuts like the chicks.

So you want to sell life insurance or a home or plastic surgery or divorce law services, you see anyone on FB a lot to sell to.

Sure older people use it some, but 90% of the traffic is hardcore young and female, so maybe a tampon company could use them.

Huge car companies dropped FB, we took them off the board as a solution for clients when we tried national and local clients, saw nothing worth buying, clicks do not happen locally, you can buy tons of clicks for a local professional on GOOG and you can't target a person NEEDING those services on FB so it's a blind ad on the bottom right of the page, we had national stuff and never saw any volume of clicks and the ads test on other sites in hot zone positions of a page were through the roof on CTR.

So while some claim FB is making their clients happy, it's not for big national money accounts and that's why they are bleeding ad dollars losing accounts now, and it's a joke for local professionals with money to spend on LEADS.

The 'likes' bs is irrelevant on FB it's an ego thing like friends, I have a ton of girls I date in the 18 to 23 year old range, and they all have 3K to 5K friends, and in real life they're lucky to have 3 friends.

The whole FB thing is bs, IMO, since I've written lots of books and have 'fans' around the world, I had to have a FB site years ago I was told by my pr guy, I never use it and an admin use it, and it's a waste, the only likes came from my popular site sending people to FB to 'follow me', once I turned off the links to FB the likes and bs stopped, why should I send free traffic to facebook, people that want to discuss my stuff can use my own forums, can read my articles and BUY my books on my site.

FB is a waste exactly like I said years ago, for a business.

Now if you get a ton of free air time like kardashians and some sports figures they are a guage of your popularity I guess.

My fans found me years ago when the net was new and I was one of the top 50 terms people looked for on YAHOO's top 50.

haha

And none of you can even guess who I am

LOL

Comments on this post

• ChillDot agrees : For the majority yes, but not for all. Extreme sports spread like wildfire on facebook. Even if its just brand awareness. It can be used positively if done right
  27. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Proves my point, eXs is what age demo 16-25. A 'natural' for FB, but it spread from youtube videos, a viral video is worth a ton and a FB page will never be 'viral', every client of ours has a youtube video, the reason GOOGLE OWNS IT and it's the first thing on every clients site. We've taken down every clients FB links, it's a dead end FB, you send them traffic and get no return, 99.9% of the time.

Now I will admit, you go to a club today, every chick you meet, what's your FB page, well baby I'm a PUBLIC FIGURE, they look at you sideways, what you mean? Well, you can LIKE ME, I don't get 'friends' on FB. haha

Why are you a public figure, they say. Well I wrote a lot of books and have a few laws of math and physics named after me, and some of my books became movies and I founded a bunch of private software companies, I own one of the most valuable portfolio's of domain names in the world, the terms google makes most of their money on.

So I'm a 'public figure', I don't have time to play with FB, my friends in real life are my real friends, they all have my personal cell, they golf with me weekly or monthly, my family knows how to reach me, and the only reason I go to facebook is to monitor when some young girl tags me in a pic, to make sure it doesn't get approved, since I don't allow my image to be used without me getting MONEY.
    Last edited by 1leads; Nov 23rd, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
  29. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by 1leads
    Proves my point, eXs is what age demo 16-25. A 'natural' for FB, but it spread from youtube videos, a viral video is worth a ton and a FB page will never be 'viral', every client of ours has a youtube video, the reason GOOGLE OWNS IT and it's the first thing on every clients site. We've taken down every clients FB links, it's a dead end FB, you send them traffic and get no return, 99.9% of the time.
    Agree with this bit, hence why i put agree with post when i made that last statement....

Originally Posted by 1leads
    Now I will admit, you go to a club today, every chick you meet, what's your FB page, well baby I'm a PUBLIC FIGURE, they look at you sideways, what you mean? Well, you can LIKE ME, I don't get 'friends' on FB. haha

Why are you a public figure, they say. Well I wrote a lot of books and have a few laws of math and physics named after me, and some of my books became movies and I founded a bunch of private software companies, I own one of the most valuable portfolio's of domain names in the world, the terms google makes most of their money on.

So I'm a 'public figure', I don't have time to play with FB, my friends in real life are my real friends, they all have my personal cell, they golf with me weekly or monthly, my family knows how to reach me, and the only reason I go to facebook is to monitor when some young girl tags me in a pic, to make sure it doesn't get approved, since I don't allow my image to be used without me getting MONEY.
    It's a good job you are anonymous because in the politest way possible this just makes you sound like a complete bell end. I'd much rather not have millions and have a personality people could like than have to go **** measuring everywhere i go

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees : *cough*
    • ClickyB agrees : "...in the politest way possible this just makes you sound like a complete bell end" Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
    • Tunixerer : First i want to say you wont get banned if the fans are real not fake accounts.
    If you are new to SEO please read these, On-Page Optimisation and Meta data before asking questions.

Or if you would just like to view my website: http://www.cwhittaker.com, State SEOCHAT for 10% off custom websites
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: