1. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

YouTube Strategy

I got below stuff from one of my previous colleagues for YouTube optimization I believe hope this will help for new users.
    YouTube Strategy – You should optimize a video before it is uploaded. This would include the title, description, tags, etc. Here are some guidelines:

• We need to include the main keywords in the title. The title should tell viewers exactly what they expect to see in the video. This will cause people to get what they expect when they click on the video. This will increase sharing, views, likes to dislikes ratio, etc.
    • The description should be optimized with the target keywords as well. The keywords should be added as naturally as possible into the description. This helps both from a search crawler’s perspective as well as from a user’s perspective.

For videos that are uploaded to a channel that you control, promote the videos to the people you know: friends, relatives, customers, and clients. Ask these people to watch your video and share them with their friends. To share them you can:

• Via your email newsletters
    • Via your own company’s website and/or blog
    • Via social sharing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and more.
    • Distribution of the video on top video sharing websites in order to get more traffic. You can distribute both videos you have produced on our own channel or ones that Your- Friendly (similar) channels produce.
    • Blogging about the video off-site (guest blog, local publications etc.)
    • Social bookmarking or sharing the videos as well as the distribution links and blog links.
    • Conduct outreach to further spread the reach of your similar positive videos.

I know there are much more that will be added by other members.
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 8th, 2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If I may add something

- Conduct a keyword research specific to youtube to identify the right keyword. (traffic mainly comes from users already on youtube not only from SERP)
    - People should upload a video transcript

Nothing to do with SEO per se, but with user retention very important for youtube rankings:
    - Edit long videos
    - Make sure to grab user attention within the first instants of your video
    - Provide an appealing thumbnail
    - Make sure the sound quality is optimal. (this is even more important than video quality)

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Good addition
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Another important factor: Viewing time
    It is pretty much like bounce rate for the webpages.Longer the viewers stick to the video, better it is ranked.
  7. Entrepreneur

- Provide an appealing thumbnail
    More addition about thumbnail as It uses by designers that helps make easier and faster to manage a group of larger images for users.
    Now the question is How do you set your own thumbnail on Youtube?
    • Go to your channel Video Manager.
    • Locate a video and click the Edit button.
    • Click the Custom thumbnail button and upload a thumbnail.
    • Once the thumbnail is uploaded, don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button.
    Source:https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72431?hl=en so create an appealing free YouTube thumbnail from https://www.canva.com/create/youtube-thumbnails/
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 14th, 2017 at 02:58 AM.
  9. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Just wanted to add that SEOchat's free keyword research tool has an option to do Youtube keyword research: Google Keyword Suggest Tool | Google, Amazon, YouTube, and Bing Search Suggestions

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Thank you
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  11. Entrepreneur

Thank you very much Ann for adding this tool. I know you have some more insighful stuff about Youtube optimization and its marketing. Please share with us as I know Youtube is going to make huge impact in inter marketing marketing than anything else.

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees : I am on vacation but I'll share my tips here once I am back!
  13. My views are my own ;)

Ok, here are a few things to do for Youtube videos...

I did this checklist for Youtube publishing:

1. Upload to Youtube

• Come up with the original video title (under 70 characters is best; Youtube limit is 100 characters) (Here's a free tool that supports Youtube to get some ideas).
    • Write original video description (at least 3 sentences) using your target key phrase at least once.
      • Tip #1: Youtube description limit is 5000, so the best practice is to write a long original description to improve the video chances to rank organically
      • Tip #2: About 150 characters of the description will be visible below the video without a click, so make sure you put your most interesting part there.
      • Tip #3: Use the names of your interviewees in both the title and the description of the video. If your interviewees are on Twitter, consider adding their @handle to Youtube video title (that will tag them in each tweet and encourage to promote the video more)
      • Tip #4: If you are covering an event, mention it in the title of the video and include the official hashtag. This will attract other attendees to view your video

• Add at least 10 tags (General rule of thumb: the more tags, the better. Youtube has 500 character limit in tags)
    • Add a custom eye-catching, high-resolution (1280 X 720) video thumbnail i.e. the image people see in the "Suggested" and "Related videos" as well as Youtube and Google search results.
      • Tip: This will help your video stand out. Use consistent branding to make your videos recognizable.

2. When your video is live

• Add a call to action (Annotation and Cards): Annotate the video with community CTAs, a subscribe button and links to related content.
      • Tip: You can link back to your site from inside the video with the call to action of you choice provided your domain is verified with that Youtube channel. You can also link to related video you'd like visitors to view next
      • Note: Youtube uses video engagement metrics to rank your videos (namely, how many people actually viewed your video instead of bouncing), so driving people away from your video may decrease your video organic visibility. If you want your videos to rank, it may be smarter to include your calls-to-action closer to an end.

• Share your video on your social media channels. Schedule a few more tweets to promote the video throughout a week.
    • Engage with all the comments to the video (reply, thank, follow those who comment, etc)

3. Publish to the site

• Publish the video script to your site and embed Youtube video. This will ensure your article has both original text and embedded content.
    • Once your article is live, go back to your video and edit the description and annotation to link to the article.
      • Tip: Include a link to your article immediately after the first sentence of your video description (This will make the link visible without the click)

• Use video Sitemap to help Google crawl them
    • Share your article on your social media channels. Schedule a few more tweets to promote the video throughout a week.
    Here's also one more thing not to forget: Always link back to your site from within videos. I did an article on how to do that (it needs an update to include the recent addition: End cards)

I hope that helps!

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Sure it will
    • BrittneyLIFT agrees
  15. My views are my own ;)

Forgot the link to linking-out article: http://www.internetmarketingninjas.c...-from-youtube/
  17. Entrepreneur

Thank you very much for adding your inputs. I have followed you given URL and find more links once I do the search option at https://www.internetmarketingninjas....utube&x=24&y=9 and from their, i found one post that has been posted by you at https://www.internetmarketingninjas....ur-creativity/ that will be grateful for new users which tell about "9 Cool Youtube Tools to Boost Your Creativity"
    That are following
    1. Get Inspired with Tubular
    2. Download Free Content to Use: YTD
    3. Create Podcasts to Take Videos Home (Smartphone): Youtube To MP3 Converter
    4. Eliminate Distractions: Turn Off The Lights (Google Chrome)
    5. Create Animated Gifs: Jiffy (Google Chrome)
    6. Save Time: SmartVideo
    7. Monitor Trends: YouTube Trends
    8. Share Part of the Video: TubeChop
    9. Set a Youtube Alarm Clock: AlarmTube
  19. No Profile Picture

Thanks to both of you for sharing these resources. Thank you Ann for I had no idea about video sitemaps. I checked it out and it seems pretty simple yet useful helping the Search Engine know more about the video. You might like checking chatbots for vloggers - to let followers and users engage in a conversational manner. Enabling Vloggers to interact and connect with subscribers. Chatbots making it possible for social media and youtube influencers to connect outside blogs/website.
  21. No Profile Picture

building it yourself can be trick coding. So try available framework - bottr. However, if you love coding you can use 3rd party deployment.