Thread: Twitter Traffic

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Twitter Traffic

Hi all,

Since I'm a user of twitter from 2008. So can some share the experience, how can I increase the traffic volume form twitter account?
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tonyben
    Hi all,

Since I'm a user of twitter from 2008. So can some share the experience, how can I increase the traffic volume form twitter account?
    Hi Tonyben,

I am Amar Kanwal, social promoter and twitter happens to be a very profitable built, it takes time and full days of work. You pretty much need to use follow methods to be at a significant number and utilize your clever intelligence to build higher after a starting point.

Preferably sites like Pintrest are easy to get on top of, and open you up to over 5 million i assume so that's possibly my next move.
    Last edited by jsteele823; Jul 19th, 2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: removed fake signature
  5. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I haven't really played too much with this one but this tool is claimed to identify your best (most active) time to tweet: http://timely.is/

You may want to give it a try and let us know how it works!
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  7. No Profile Picture
    -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Just my experience..

We do giveaways on our twitter, people have to RT and follow us to be in with a chance to win.. of course you need followers to begin with, so you need to advertise these giveaways on your site, but then you do need visitors to your site in the first place..

If you're new site and have no real visiors you could always search twitter and follow anyone talking about your topic and hope they follow you back, if they do they may well click on te profile link to your site and if your content is great maybe they will share it with their twitter followers thus increasing yours..

Lots of if's there .

We also gift celebrities and they tweet about our brand, people with 200,000+ followers tweeting at the optimum time only sends about 3,000 people though per our experience.. & the bounce rate is very high and the sales are very low, but we do sell expensive products that aren't really easy to impulse buy.

I don't really like twitter that much honestly in terms of product selling, good for brand awareness though that may well lead to sales in the future.

Comments on this post

• Belfast agrees : Thanks for the real life examples.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  9. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

My main site has just over 1000 Twitter followers (real ones, not bought or auto-followed at all). I don't find I get much traffic from Twitter. I may get 1-10 visits after I tweet something about my site.

But I don't use Twitter for that reason. Regardless, I love Twitter. Here's how I use it:

1. I follow important people in my industry and get info on breaking news stories very fast. That way I can write blog posts about the news stories.

2. I connect with people in my industry. Sometimes these connections turn into friends who I share links with.

3. I have a separate account in which I follow top SEO folks. I learn a lot about what is happening in the SEO world this way.

4. I use Twitter search to get ideas for content.

But I don't really care about how many people are following me. For our real estate Twitter account (which is relatively new) I only have 30 followers but they are quality ones and some have translated into links for our site.

Comments on this post

• terriwells agrees : I like these ideas for using Twitter. They sound much more practical than using it directly for promotion.
  11. No Profile Picture

update latest fresh content with some limited charters using "#" tags, re-tweet your friend's informative....participate twitter's top trending Topics .....
  13. No Profile Picture

Twitter Traffic

Twitter related search traffic on Google has been increasing monthly, especially at the beginning of 2009. If you click the “max” text on the Google graph, you will see how search volume for Twitter exploded in the beginning of 2009.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

One of the most important things on Twitter is to be really engaging to your followers in addition to providing them really good content.

Also, the response is as important as your initial post. You have to respond as soon as possible not 2 or 3 days after or you might lose something. People on Twitter just have this short attention span.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

How to increase the traffic

Hello,

1. Don't make your profile as Spammer
    I want to say don't just add the people and put same copy and paste tweets for publicity of your product.

2. Present your thoughts in a creative way

3. Use hashtags and follow trending topics
    A hashtag is a way to make your thoughts easily searchable and clickable. A hashtag is nothing more than adding the hash symbol (#) before a keyword or a keyphrase.

4. On your website/Blog add Twitter Widgets
    It helps to increase followers.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I have found that best way to get followers is to in fact follow other people first.
    Looking to buy a home? Check out my Real Estate Blog for London Ontario and my HGTV real estate tv blog
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

*shows up with popcorn* Great ideas here -- so good, in fact, that I wrote them up in an article for SEO Chat. I expect it'll end up going live on Tuesday, barring any catastrophes. Just thought you might like to know. And thanks; I learn so much from all of you.