1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is this theory valid ?

hello im glenn

im a amateur web designer , i have a painting company and so im developing a website and now looking to hit the first page on google .

heres my theory and i ask is it possible and will it create backlinks even on the short term .

Flickr :

i plan to upload a gang of pictures displaying our media, however on the sum 200 pics in every description having a back link to my site.

question will they count as genuine backlinks ? as i carnt see y not.

Youtube & other video sites :

upload a gang of media to youtube and other video sites with the same deal backlink in the description , now what i have noticed with youtube is other third party sites skim the content and rehost it on their own server so 5 links on youtube could turn into 50 links with 3rd party sites.

Facebook, twitter, myspace etc

now per say i have 100 friends on each site for arguments sake, when i post something on my wall it gets sent to 100 peoples wall and if by some chance i happen to put a backlink on every comment wether face book etc will that link be classed by google as a backlink?

of course in my campagin i hope to submit to directories etc but logically this type of "theory" if it works would smash the hell outa eny directory submitting campagin as long as u have the images, videos, and friends.

what do u think, im a noob so your thoughts would be great thanks.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hello Glenn,

Flickr :

i plan to upload a gang of pictures displaying our media, however on the sum 200 pics in every description having a back link to my site.
    Flickr links are nofollow. The only benefit you would get is if someone finds your link and clicks on it.

Youtube & other video sites :

upload a gang of media to youtube and other video sites with the same deal backlink in the description , now what i have noticed with youtube is other third party sites skim the content and rehost it on their own server so 5 links on youtube could turn into 50 links with 3rd party sites.
    Youtube links are also no follow, but if you can produce good quality videos, then it is possible that someone will host your videos with your links. I wouldn't rely on this though.

Facebook, twitter, myspace etc

now per say i have 100 friends on each site for arguments sake, when i post something on my wall it gets sent to 100 peoples wall and if by some chance i happen to put a backlink on every comment wether face book etc will that link be classed by google as a backlink?
    the links will be no follow. If your friends like your links, and they retweet it, then it is possible to get some links, but again i would not rely on this.

of course in my campagin i hope to submit to directories etc but logically this type of "theory" if it works would smash the hell outa eny directory submitting campagin as long as u have the images, videos, and friends.
    I would only bother with dmoz, yahoo directory, and business.com

http://forums.seochat.com/link-popul...ng-302665.html

The above link will give you a better understanding of link building.

Comments on this post

• Levp agrees
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thread effectively closed, as far s I see it