1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post Targeting International Conference/Events

As an SEO's we can post the event update in face-book walls, timeline and related face-book groups; this process we can target the audience internationally.

But how can we generate international leads through Social media ?? Whether it is possible for us to convert a viewer into a lead.

Our client has an event at Dubai which targets only business professionals, entrepreneurs and CEO's etc.

How can we target for only business people....

Please share your views and suggestions on how to promote my client event..
  3. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hm....well, unfortunately, I don't think there's a switch that can be flipped for turning social media engagement into leads. It sort of happens naturally. Post things that are relevant and interesting to the demographics you want to target. Figure out what they want to see or read about and give it to them. Don't just post about your own stuff - although that can be a big part of it. Also share stuff that influencers post about. If Bill Gates tweets an article from the NYT and says, "Really enjoyed reading this," and it seems relevant to your demographic, share it. Not just Bill Gates types - smaller fish tend to be more likely to interact with you, in my experience.

Anyway, that's mostly about organic engagement. It's harder for some industries and easier for others. You can buy advertisement slots on social media sites as well - maybe that's more what you're looking for? Based on your post I'm not sure what kind of social media work you're talking about.

You can target demographics with Facebook ads. You can read more here: https://www.facebook.com/business/products/ads

I think Twitter also has its own form of targeting for ads: https://biz.twitter.com/marketing-twitter
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Have you thought about targeting people through LinkedIn?

Comments on this post

• markroberts agrees : Oooh, that's a good idea. Slipped my mind! LinkedIn has more professionals, could be a good idea to investigate!
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

What I would also do is remarketing/retargeting, this is the process of showing ads to individuals who have already visited the website. As this is an event people may look at it and forget, I know this is what I do myself, with the ability to keep pestering your potential customers.