Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is stumbleupon any good for building traffic to my site?

I'm not sure if anybody has talked about this but is Stumbleupon really good for getting traffic for online businesses? I know it's a great way to do social bookmarking, but I wanted to know maybe if there were any stories of successes that could be shared.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

StumbleUpon is a great content marketing platform when done right: Just "bookmarking" your own pages there won't have any results. It all comes down to sharing great content and helping others. Building a popular quality profile there may take up to a year.

I have a blog where 70% of traffic comes from SU and 90% of that traffic goes to one blog post that did particularly well. It has been generating that traffic for the past three years.

How good that traffic is? It's good enough to keep growing the readership of that blog (subscribers, etc)

Can you do the same with the project page on SU? I doubt so, unless you have a very fun project.

That being said, SU should be part of content marketing plan but it's a long-term time investment to make it work
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. Contributing User

That's interesting. We (the seo team I work in) recently promoted an infographic through StumbleUpon using paid Stumbles. We paid around 500 and had a return of around 10,000 Stumbles. It's definitely a quick way of getting sets of eyes on a given project.
  7. No Profile Picture

Never thought one can use SU for marketing as well. Well, should have figured so. In the eyes of google, would be best if you had a nice distribution of places where your traffic comes from though.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Yes. Stumbleupon is a great way to generate web traffic towards your site!
    Here are few ways by which you can get we traffic :-

1. Get Organic Stumbles.

2. Share Content with Su.pr on Other Networks.

3. Build a Following Base and Share Content.
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks for everybody's responses. I'll take a look at Stumbleupon myself. The one thing that I have read from other forums when I've posted this question up was that the visitors were not very targeted. Is that true?
  13. Contributing User

Depends if you use the Paid Discovery option. Otherwise, if you don't go with the paid option then you're essentially targetting everyone with the category you've posted your website on.

But yes, if you do go down the Paid Discovery route then you can actually target by country and all the way down to cities.

Comments on this post

• GabrielG agrees
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What Ann Smarty has responded should answer your question to the T. Granted that it takes a lot of time to build an audience by being present on not just SU but so many other social media sites, the long-term returns in the form of web traffic is awesome. The site that I blog for also receives traffic from SU, in fact it is one of the top 10 sites that sends traffic to us. It is an investment of time that is well worth it.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    StumbleUpon is a great content marketing platform when done right: Just "bookmarking" your own pages there won't have any results. It all comes down to sharing great content and helping others. Building a popular quality profile there may take up to a year.

I have a blog where 70% of traffic comes from SU and 90% of that traffic goes to one blog post that did particularly well. It has been generating that traffic for the past three years.

How good that traffic is? It's good enough to keep growing the readership of that blog (subscribers, etc)

Can you do the same with the project page on SU? I doubt so, unless you have a very fun project.

That being said, SU should be part of content marketing plan but it's a long-term time investment to make it work
    Hello, What are you doing to get so much traffic from there, can you be more specific?
  19. No Profile Picture

I use stumble upon for posting there informatin about the company where I work, it is also useful fore SEO.
  21. No Profile Picture

Yes stumble upon is very useful site for traffic and it is the also a famous site.
  23. No Profile Picture

The quality of SU traffic is very, very, like very bad to say the least. All it does is boost your alexa ranking lol. Well almost, but there's lots of neat ways to cash into SU but you gotta think outside of the box and there's stuff i would never discuss on boards too lol...
  25. No Profile Picture

as a noob please dont bash me for this comment , but in order for su to actually be any use your first page will have to be very impressive and straight to the point for users to stay around otherwise they will just click the su button and away they go , yes it will show that you got x amount of visits but is microsecond visits really that impressive ? as no one is staying on your page unless you can capture your audience

so yes you get high traffic to your website

but its useless unless you can make them stay

again sorry if im steping on toes i dont use su but anyone i have seen use it is click crazy and barely spends a second or two on a page
  27. No Profile Picture

Yes, Stumble upon is a nice and easy site to post your information about your company website, and with stumble upon you will get more traffic to your website.

Now you can use stumble upon site no your android and iPhone.
  29. No Profile Picture

Yes, stumbleupon is a very good social media to increase traffic on your website.But the pages that you are adding need to be useful for users and with attractive content.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: