Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Photo Sharing Sites and SEO

I've come across a few company websites that offer to create several photosharing accounts for your business including:
    - Smugmug
    - Flickr
    - Photobucket

Is this used to expand the reach of your business? I failed to see the correlation between these sites and SEO. I know Photobucket allows you to easily import pictures into FB but has anyone experienced success on a rankings and SEO front by using some of these photo sharing sites? What is the point?
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

I personally have never spent time on any photo sites - I'm not that photogenic

I have a camera that I love, and can take some good pictures. I just have never seen the application of it to a business.

But I can see how the social aspect of some of these could expand your reach in certain industries. Whether or not they have a bearing on SEO.... well I haven't looked into them enough to know for sure, but would imagine that it would take quite some time and effort before they start to help.
  5. Dancin with the devil

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    I have a camera that I love, and can take some good pictures. I just have never seen the application of it to a business.

But I can see how the social aspect of some of these could expand your reach in certain industries. Whether or not they have a bearing on SEO.... well I haven't looked into them enough to know for sure, but would imagine that it would take quite some time and effort before they start to help.
    I agree with what you are saying. I have not seen it used in a business application either. I can understand photographers and certain industries utilizing it somehow as you've mentioned but I cannot see how it would help without lots of time and effort.

Anyone else?
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wow! nice sharing.. I know only flickr, but now i got another 2 photo blogs from your post.. thanks. Its very helpful for sharing more images. Flickr is reach target audience world wide..
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by shansross
    Wow! nice sharing.. I know only flickr, but now i got another 2 photo blogs from your post.. thanks. Its very helpful for sharing more images. Flickr is reach target audience world wide..
    Can you expand a bit on what type of applications you've used this for? I'm just interested in hearing experiences with these types.

You don't have to give urls or anything, I mainly just want to hear about what types of industry, and what kind of response you've received out of them. Do they translate into more money? Or just more traffic?
  11. Power. Love. Sound Mind.

This may not be exactly what you are asking about, but I wanted to add that I find that good quality original photos really benefit my SEO.

If I write an article with a unique photo often the photo gets on the front page of Google right away. Too many webmasters are just reusing the same photos that every other webmaster uses.

Not sure how it would affect things if the photo is hosted elsewhere tho.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would recommend brannding if you allow them to hot link your images that your host. That's an easy way, also a link included to point back to your site in BBcode or HTML.
  15. No Profile Picture

Top photo sharing site list are -
    Flickr
    Zooomr
    Picasa Web Albums
    Photobucket
    Photoshop Express
  17. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you have great photos place them on your website (if they are relevant).
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  19. Dancin with the devil

Originally Posted by EGOL
    great
    This word gets me every time. I wish there was a clear cut definition for this term and I could read minds and know what people thought were great. I guess I could earn a phsych degree lol
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes. Branding functions, activities, events on Flickr is the way to go.
  23. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Originally Posted by Lb1878
    This word gets me every time. I wish there was a clear cut definition for this term and I could read minds and know what people thought were great. I guess I could earn a phsych degree lol
    How about KickAss??

Really... I am meaning... Some of the best photos on the web. If you have those place them on your own site. If they are that good they should attract traffic and links.

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 agrees : even better...lol
  25. Dancin with the devil

Originally Posted by EGOL
    How about KickAss??

Really... I am meaning... Some of the best photos on the web. If you have those place them on your own site. If they are that good they should attract traffic and links.
    I fully understand what you are saying. I just wish I knew what that was. What makes it the best on the web? Best can be very subjective and interpreted very differently from person to person.
  27. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Originally Posted by Lb1878
    I fully understand what you are saying. I just wish I knew what that was. What makes it the best on the web? Best can be very subjective and interpreted very differently from person to person.
    If you think they are really good put them on your own site.
  29. No Profile Picture

photo sharing is good service because some user not have any domain and hosting services but likes share our pictures.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo