1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

My Facebook page is not appearing under search results!

I need some Facebook expert to help me out regarding my Facebook page's ranking on Google for the keyword "pet sitter hong kong" in English and in traditional Chinese.

There is a glitch that even though our page has the 2nd most followers and the most engagement in the local area, our page is still not appearing on 1st, 2nd, nor 3rd page of Google's search results.

My facebook page is fairly optimized, we post interesting and category related information consistently, run Facebook ads regularly, and even talked to a Facebook representative one on one to try to have
    this problem resolve with no luck.

It is very frustrating watching our competitor ranking on the 1st and 2nd position on Google search results for the keyword that will bring us tons of business.

Our facebook page name is Max Love Cat & Pet Sitting

Can someone please take a look and tell us what we have done wrong?
  3. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google likes links. Have you done a backlink check on the competitor pages? They will likely have more inbound links pointing to their page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    Google likes links. Have you done a backlink check on the competitor pages? They will likely have more inbound links pointing to their page.
    I just checked. They have zero backlinks and I have 7, 33% of mine are dofollow.
  7. Professional SEO

I could see why they would pick your competitor over your page in English searches, as your title begins in Chinese and your posts are primarily in Chinese. The competitor page I found is written in English.

The Chinese in your title seems to translate into a phrase that is different than what you are trying to optimize the page for: Hong Kong Star Professional Pet Sitter. I would say your page is primarily optimized for cat sitting.
    Last edited by DirectHits; Apr 14th, 2019 at 01:06 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for taking a look. However, the keyword we are trying to rank for is "pet sitter" in traditional Chinese. Do you have any suggestions on this?
  11. Professional SEO

What I am trying to tell you, is that you are doing very well for what you have optimized your page for. If you prefer to rank for other keywords, change your keywords. I mean, your FB page is catsittinghk. You have to expect to rank better for cat sitting than pet sitting. Basically, change 'cat' on the site to 'pet'. Focus on 'Pet' in your title, your URL, About page, etc. I don't know how all of the Chinese translates, but remove 'cat' there too, or make that keyword less prominent. Now when you do this, expect to have a lower ranking in cat related searches. But you will have to somehow make 'cat' less prominent on the page.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your advice. When I do a search with my competitor's company name, 5 results of their Facebook page appeared on the result (home, home in traditional Chinese, posts, posts in traditional Chinese, and about) while our company only has one (home).

Is there anyway to make Google index more pages of our Facebook business page? I assume that everything on Facebook has been well indexed by Google since it is a site with very high domain authority.
  15. Professional SEO

Are you able to build any links to the secondary FB pages that you want to rank?

Because we are searching from different geographical locations, we will get different results. But MY results seem to be very different from yours. You are searching with Verbatim results?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    Are you able to build any links to the secondary FB pages that you want to rank?

Because we are searching from different geographical locations, we will get different results. But MY results seem to be very different from yours. You are searching with Verbatim results?
    I'm searching with verbatim in incognito mode.
  19. Professional SEO

Build links to the pages you are wanting to rank and fill out every field possible on the page, optimizing them for the keywords you are vying for.