1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

max No of accounts in Tweetdeck?

Dear all,

Does anyone have experience running a lot of Twitter accounts from the same computer and same
    instance of Tweetdeck?

I am currently running about 5 accs without any problems, and am considering adding more accounts
    on the same manager's profile, but am worried about possibly being blocked.
    Will it be ok to handle 10 accounts? 30? 50?

Is it something to worry about?
    Should I employ some extra things like a proxy?

I am not talking about fake accs (bots), I am talking about meaningful twitter streams for different clients with different topics and with different geographical targeting.
    (We also use some commercial tools, but there I really find Tweetdeck works better for some tasks Another reason I really want to use the free tool is that a lot of the streams are for small community non-profits and there is no way I will be able to get the money on smm tools from them. Neither am I willing to charge for the services).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by manus; Mar 22nd, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

They don't have any rules for amount of accounts but surely you aren't likely increasing your value to yourself and certainly not adding value to followers by regurgitating tweets.

If these are independent busineses you really need independent people to focus on each one. You actually harm all but by operating so thinly or simply devaluing yourself to your following.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Absolutely.
  5. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hey there,

To echo fathom's advice, there's no rule against having dozens of accounts associated with a manager like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite, for instance. Twitter doesn't check your location unless you purposefully include it in a tweet, I believe, so there's no need for things like proxy servers.

But more importantly, I'd heed fathom's advice that running 10, 30, or 50 accounts is unwise. I feel like whoever is running those accounts will get burnt out pretty quickly, and most of the tweets sent from those accounts will probably begin to look and feel pretty similar to each other. Twitter is at its most effective when your tweets aren't just howls into the void, but meaningful interactions - by that I mean you need someone who can search for influencers, interact with them, partake in twitter chats, etc, and for one person to do that for even 10 accounts sounds unreasonable to me. It takes time to interact with people. Ideally, like fathom says, you'd have one person per account. I know people like to stretch that number, but I also believe that there is a limit.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

fathom, markroberts
    Thank you for the info and for sharing your thoughts on this.

I'd like to note that was a technical question, where did I mention that all the accounts will be run by the same person?
  9. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by manus
    I'd like to note that was a technical question, where did I mention that all the accounts will be run by the same person?
    Whoops! I guess you didn't mention that at all, and I only assumed that would be the case - sorry! I was just giving general advice