1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cool KISSmetrics How To Steal Your Competitorís Social Media Followers

I found a wonderful article on KISSmetrics the other day about how to improve your social media following, I really like how much depth they have went into. Do you boys and girls think it is poor sport to comment on a competitors social feed if they are ignoring their customers?

I would share the link but I don't think this forums appropriates it just Google the title of this post.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

That depends upon how you want your brand to be viewed. Which would also determine what you might say.
    The competitor will likely think it is bad form if they see it. So... what can they do to you?
  5. No Profile Picture

Engaging in the competitors feed or site itself is not a bad practice i think.
    If your competitor launches a new projects and if it looks good to you i would say go like it and post a smiley even. Posting some valuable suggestion is even better(but be cautious not making blunders!!!)

That not only attracts attention of some clients from competitors feed but also increases your reputation.

All these must be on a sportsman spirit and professional standards should be taken care of.

Comments on this post

• GabrielG agrees : I like the "we can all win" attitude as opposed to "it's a zero sum game"
  7. No Profile Picture

I am thinking it would be terribly unethical if the owner were engaging there fans. But if as the story say that company A is neglecting them surely it would be Ok. I think as long as you don't take a user to your website directly it would be justifiable to direct them to an answer on your own social profile?
  9. No Profile Picture

Well it is not, that is what social media is for. Specially if they are ignoring their customers. Users look for answers and engage with brands.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Won't be this some kind of Black Hat Methods?
    Stealing, as for me isn't good thing.
    Of course, would be great to get some 'sweets' from competitors good results.

Have you mentioned the topic of article, seems like I missed it, if you afraid to send a link, the exact topic would be nice to see.
    Thanks!