Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to use twitter for social bookmarking

Hey all,

I am curious when people say that twitter is a social bookmarking site, do they mean that you can tweet a link and that's considered bookmarking? When you log into digg.com, there is a button that says "digg it!" and it asks you to submit a link to your blog or something. I presume that's social bookmarking. However, I don't see any similar functionality in twitter. All I know of twitter is to tweet something on your profile.

Thanks for response.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Social bookmarking is basically a way to share what you like and find interesting with the world wide web universe. Now how is twitter good for SEO ? It's quite simple actually, you will offer good tweets that attract people to follow you. In your profile, you will have your website's name in there and people will go check it out to get more interresting content and so on. Just make sure to always offer good, fresh, and new content so people won't get bored when they read it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Twitter is considered as a social bookmarking site in which you are allowed to tweet your links. But be sure to limit it into 140 characters only. You can use a URL shortener in cases like this.

Comments on this post

• distinctseo
  7. Contributing User

You are allowed to post links in your tweets but they have no weight on your rankings. Those links could only get you traffic to your website. I have read in several blogs that twitter adds a <nofollow> tag to every link that is tweeted therefore search engines have no access to those links.

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

social bookmareking main work for Traffic and also give rank if have do follow

Originally Posted by johnmerlino
    Hey all,

I am curious when people say that twitter is a social bookmarking site, do they mean that you can tweet a link and that's considered bookmarking? When you log into digg.com, there is a button that says "digg it!" and it asks you to submit a link to your blog or something. I presume that's social bookmarking. However, I don't see any similar functionality in twitter. All I know of twitter is to tweet something on your profile.

Thanks for response.
  11. No Profile Picture
    WWF
    Contributing User

But personal belief Twitter should be come under Viral Marketing not in the social marketing group.

Comments on this post

• distinctseo : it can be viral but that's not its classification
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by MrPolarZero
    Twitter is considered as a social bookmarking site
    How is it then ???
  15. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Hey all,

Thanks for response.
    Twitter is not a bookmarking site, it is a social media tool. That means you use it for its primary purpose, to develop a network of like minded follwers that you can be social with.

From there you might be able to leverage that network for other things (of which SEO is NOT one of them.)

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 agrees : short and sweet
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned

you can share the content with your friends, may be with a link to your site. Be it a follow or no-follow, you get traffic to your site.

Comments on this post

• distinctseo : why did you post this? makes no sense.
  19. Contributing User

I just bought tweedadder at tweetadder.com for $55 bucks. I'll start playing around with it today maybe.

Anybody use this software already? Sounds powerful for marketing on Twitter.
  21. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

My view is in many instances, Twitter is used incorrectly. Lots of people tweet about sales of their products, discounts, etc. While this may interest some of their followers, I feel it gets abusive pretty fast.

Distinct said it best, use it to develop a community of like minded followers. Use it to communicate and engage your followers. Speak about your company initiatives, to build a better bound between the site owner and the community. Share your initiatives, things you personally found useful that your followers may appreciate, new products or ideas you have and so on.

I will admit that I was not a believer in this social media buzz when it first hit the scene. I am kicking myself in the butt b/c I didn't realize its benefit until recently. I've finally started to set up a Facebook Page and Twitter account. I don't think there is a tried and true method for success. It's all about seeing what sticks and what captures more attention and action from your community. Don't be afraid to experiment but don't tweet for the sake of tweeting. IMO, Twitter will not work as well for you if you are only posting about your sales, promotions, etc. Tweet with a purpose and try to reach beyond the computer monitor of your readers each time.

Comments on this post

• seomonkeymanocp agrees
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  23. No Profile Picture

I tweet about new things I have made In the wood shop here, And then I may talk about the football , o r hockey game.

I do agree with stream lines of advertising from a tweeter Is not a good thing
  25. No Profile Picture

I use Twitter the same way in both my business and personal accounts: to share information that others would like. For me, I use it as a mini email account of sorts.
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by WWF
    But personal belief Twitter should be come under Viral Marketing not in the social marketing group.
    I'm with you.. I use Twitter and Facebook for their viral marketing attributes. Period.
  29. No Profile Picture

Hey all,

Thanks for response.
    Twitter can not be treated as a bookmarking site. It can be used as a social media tool to increase the traffic/no. of visits to a site. But, taking into account the most important thing that whatever tweets are posted on twitter, they should be unique and informative as this will lead to increase in your number of followers.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: