Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Arrow How Social Media Helps In SEO?

I`m very confused about it . I mean it doesn`t even give a dofollow link, then how it can help to improve our visibility. If u have any article on this topic, u can post its link here.
    THank you !

Comments on this post

• neeks_89 agrees : Social media is very important in SEO because through this it increases the numbers of visitors to a site. Through social media it increases the traffic and awareness for a website. It does not increase the page rank but increase the traffic.
    • wazeela111 agrees : I'm also cunfused about it
    • jamesmickel agrees
  3. No Profile Picture

2100 West Loop South Suite #900 Houston, TX 77027
    Social media is for getting traffic to your site , by the help of it you can increase your page rank, you can also use your keyword in the social media sites.

Comments on this post

• wazeela111 agrees : Its better if you give somemore explanation about it.
  5. No Profile Picture

i see, thank you very much all !!!
  7. No Profile Picture

I was talking to Dave Coplin (Bing UK's Chief Envisioning Officer) last year at the CEPIC conference in London. He mentioned that Bing uses Facebook social signals in its ranking algorithm. So essentially, the more content is liked, the more Bing sees it as relevant (among many other ranking factors). Now this is social sharing, rather than actual social profile activity. Social profiles are more for customer engagement and relationship management, ultimately driving traffic, developing brand and improving conversions.

I don't know how relevant this information is today as it's about 10 month since we had the conversation, but he was quite keen on the fact that social is becoming a major part of measuring quality. I don't know about Google, but hopefully this is a useful insight that illustrates some of the benefits of social.

Comments on this post

• lvly agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

well nowadays smo is equally important as seo as it gives more traffic !!

Comments on this post

• ashutosh_Sharma agrees : Agree
  11. No Profile Picture

Links are still considered as the main currency of SEO, acting as votes of confidence in your website content, but social media links (+1′s, shares, tweets, pins, and comments) might carry even more weight because they offer a more accurate view of how real people feel about what you have to say.
  13. No Profile Picture

@rizwanniazi, thought this image might be useful to you:

http://www.toprankblog.com/wp-conten...eo-300x253.png

The social media links are not there to optimise your site for search engines. First, produce some awesome content on your site and give people a reason to visit. THen this content can be promoted on social media sites by yourself and others. This will attract more visitors and, because your content is so awesome, people may link to it.

When we think about SEO we can get carried away with any one aspect of it, especially link building. However, we're building our sites and our content for human beings and not search engines (although we do optimise for search engines, before I get dumped on, lol). Social media marketing is important, but it works alongside the traditional SEO techniques that we use. It's important to eat the whole sandwich.

Build awesome content. Promote on social media. Earn links. Get traffic.

Don't use social media platforms as a link building tool, use it to get the attention of human beings, and if they like what you've done then they'll link to it.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

In my opinion, social media is very helpful to increase the traffic not page rank of a website. Also almost all sites also not offer backlink, but your online visibility and presence matters. You connect to large group of peoples and communities where people talk about some topics. From some social media websites, we can get SERP also, which a positive for our SEO efforts.
  17. No Profile Picture

It does, the more engagement you get on social networks, the better your website will be recognized on search engines. It's called Social Signals
    In fact, I got my keyword's rank increased from 10 to 8 via a contest on Facebook
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by rizwanniazi
    I`m very confused about it . I mean it doesn`t even give a dofollow link, then how it can help to improve our visibility. If u have any article on this topic, u can post its link here.
    THank you !
    Look, Social Media now is MORE useful then SEO (esp. Black hat SEO). Why? Google gonna exterminate SEO cheaters in the next few years. And there are some signs that they`ll succed. That`s the first thing.
    Social Media is a main traffic generator of Internet these days. And if you are able to generate good viral content you can concentrate and stream a good amount of traffic to your site. This indirectly rise you in SERP. That`s the second thing.
    The third thing is that organic traffic to your site can be easily overwelmed by Social Media traffic. And there`s no problem in this situation. When people remember you they`ll be requesting you in Google. If they`ll be requiesting you more often it will bring your site higer in SERP.
  21. No Profile Picture

In other words dont be so naive. If you`re looking for easy and quick ways you loose. If you`re building a long distance strategy you win.
  23. No Profile Picture

Social Media now is MORE useful then SEO (esp. Black hat SEO) now. Why?
    Google gonna exterminate SEO cheaters in the next few years. And there are some signs that they`ll succed. That`s the first point.

Social Media is a main traffic generator of Internet these days. And if you are able to generate good viral content you can concentrate and stream a good amount of traffic to your site. This indirectly rise you in SERP. That`s the second point
    The third point is that organic traffic to your site can be easily overwelmed by Social Media traffic. And there`s no problem in this situation. When people remember you they`ll be requesting you in Google. If they`ll be requiesting you more often it will bring your site higer in SERP.
  25. No Profile Picture

1. Social Signals – These are ‘likes,’ +1′s, tweets, pins, shares, etc. that people attribute to a page. The more social signals a page gets, the more its overall SEO value increases.
    2. Citations or “Mentions” – These are any references to a business’s name, address, or phone number on external websites, including social networks. Citations make a website appear more credible and legitimate to search engines, which means a greater likelihood of ranking higher.
    3. Backlinks – These are links found on other domains (e.g., a Pinterest profile) that direct back to the website. Creating a presence on social media sites is a natural way to earn backlinks.
  27. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

In simple words SMO provides back linking to the main website.
    It will take visitors directly to the main website which is very important.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

while the links are nofollow, there is still some link juice and the traffic you get will make some flow in your website, this flow is recognized by search engines and you'll rank higher.

Comments on this post

• jamesmickel agrees : Social media are playing a bigger role in ranking website. A website have a good social media presence tend have a good handle in online marketing and SEO and, therefore, rank higher. There are three main ways that influences a site's SEO val
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: