1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How to find a social media strategist?

I am looking for a very experienced social media strategist who might be interested in working on a new venture in exchange for equity. I'm not going to post details here because I'm not "recruiting."

My question is more general: how would I find a very well qualified social media consultant?

I've tried posting on job boards and freelancer sites, and I get inundated with replies from offshore companies, and completely unqualified individuals.

I've tried searching on LinkedIn, and I just can't narrow in on search terms that return the kind of people I'm looking for (LinkedIn searching is pretty lame, but I've had success for more specific searches for other positions).

Any advice?
    Last edited by wygk; Aug 2nd, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    search_pink does mine Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube Channel.
    That said, setup is easy enough, but insider knowledge of the organization is needed to drive traffic.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

This is a very difficult question you are asking, and your requirement is also quiet unusual. If you have a very good idea and venture to get into then you can find someone through Meetups perhaps. Gatherings of like minded people who are sometimes open for this. But you are looking for needle in a hay stack, the process is not as easy, to get to know someone with special skills you are looking for and then get them convinced to join you on this journey (unless you are very lucky).
    Another issue to consider is to know that you are getting someone on board of your business, you also need to make sure they are good enough and ethical enough to stay, keep secrets and ....
    Try meetups.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Your question: how would I find a very well qualified social media consultant?

Iíve tried to steer clear of the social media guru conversation. I think itís petty and short-sighted for people to moan and bitch about some up-start blogger or right-out-of-college entrepreneur type claiming to be or help make you a social media expert. No, I donít think these people are worth the time or money and those who hire them will ultimately understand that, but elevating their existence to top of mind conversations is frivolous in my mind.