1. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Google+ Authorship - Hidden Benefit

Google+ is a big deal, and I think its something that doesn't get enough attention on this forum.

I just read this article that shows Google will display additional related information when a user clicks back to the search results, if they stay on a page for what is deemed to be long enough.

Google confirms hidden benefit of authorship134526

I have long since been convinced of the power of user behavior but this is an example that shows it in practice.

This is direct search results effect influenced by user behavior.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

interesting thanks for posting
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I tried what he mentioned, with his criteria, did the search and the top 3 were his...went to #1 stayed 3 minuets, clicked the back button and the same 3 were still there, with the first one being the one I just spent 3 minuets on. I know that article is 4 months old, but I'm wondering if he clicked back and saw his other 2. I didn't see anything get replaced.
    However I do think Google takes user influence into account...not just on blogs but all pages found in the results.

He didn't prove to me there's any benefit with the + account and avatar...which I also didn't see.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by tstolber
    Google+ is a big deal, and I think its something that doesn't get enough attention on this forum.

I just read this article that shows Google will display additional related information when a user clicks back to the search results, if they stay on a page for what is deemed to be long enough.

Google confirms hidden benefit of authorship134526

I have long since been convinced of the power of user behavior but this is an example that shows it in practice.

This is direct search results effect influenced by user behavior.
    Hii tstolber,

I am totally agree with you on Google+ Authorship hidden benefit. Today Google authorship is very important to inform google that you are genuine author of your posts or articles in case of any copying or duplicacy of your content. I have read the article on searchengineland that you have mentioned here. I have also done little research on this topic and found a blog very informative and want to share with all of you.

http://www.wpintegration.com/blog/wh...ia-authorsure/

If you have any other related blog, article or any other stuff please share with me. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by somendra11; Feb 28th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.