1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Getting Traffic From Social Networks

Hi,
    How i can get traffic from social networks, Do i have to post each article in my forum to Facebook and Twitter? need some advice

Thanks
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you've got an article or a blog post or a piece of art and you want people to see it, then typically yes - posting them to your social media accounts is one way to drive traffic towards that piece of work.

But you need to have a good social media presence, too. Just having an account isn't a magic bullet.

Ask yourself what kind of value you can provide to your potential followers. Connect with them personally - chat with them and get to know them. If you see someone comment on something you share, engage with them. You can participate in group chats, too, to meet lots of new people at once.

Building a social media following is a long-term process. But having an active following that will talk with you and spread your work is very valuable, too! Take care and don't underestimate it.

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees
    • akash46 agrees
  5. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Like Mark said, there's more into getting traffic from social media than sharing the links... Build your community, optimize your pages for your readers to want to share your content to their circles, participate in relevant groups and Twitter chats etc etc
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think that what Mark and Ann said is basically what you have to do. The content you're posting should be good and relevant to the things you do. You also should do it quite regularly, but don't post lousy things just because you have to post something. That will look bad on your reputation.

Like Mark said, it's a long process. It takes months if not years. I've seen people giving up after a month because social media wasn't working. That was the stupidest thing ever. So don't do the same mistake and keep on working on it until you succeed.
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by markroberts
    But you need to have a good social media presence, too. Just having an account isn't a magic bullet.
    Whether true or not ... we are testing this now.

I have no interest in posting daily items or weekly or even monthly... I simply want to advertise. Advertising is outreach... I simply want to use social media to expand my reach.

With Organic Results in Google you sort of need reputation to acquire sale receipts through that channel but Adwords reputation is about making Google easier revenue.

I would think social media is much the same IF you spend $$$ with the channel you get a pass on presence.
  11. No Profile Picture

Use Twitter , facebook, linkedin , twitter , google plus
    share links of blog posting article posted all links share to there
    they take huge traffic to web
    thansk,
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

original poster never came back, just building post count...There's enough info above to specifically answer the question.